This whole park gets VERY crowded especially on the weekends so come here early if you want to find parking.
OMG...look at all these people running...
In general, this beach is a lot of fun and a great place to run free, but I live on the opposite side of the city, so I don't get to come here all that often. Although, I do feel like when I come here I meet a lot of picky dog owners...not sure what it is, perhaps the way I play and how vocal I am, but it's a much more refined crowd than what I'm used to at Fort Funston or Bernal Heights.
When we do come here Mom lets me run like crazy on the beach, then we usually walk back leashed on the paved path, since I'm much more calmer then.
Your fur parents want to know:
- Yes, there is parking - and FREE! Lots of it, either by St. Francis Yacht Club or directly across the the beach (you can pull into any of the roads off Old Mason Street)
- Yes, this is an off-leash park (except in designated Wildlife Protected Areas)
- No, this is not a fenced area
- Yes, there are doggy and human water fountains across the parking lot but when we were here last time all the water valves were shut off - be prepared and bring your own
- No, there are no poop bags
- Yes, there are trash bins all along the path by the beach
- Yes, there are benches
- Yes, there are toilets