McKay School assistants have worked hard to start a new positive support program at McKay. Students can earn McKay Market Bucky Bucks from staff members for recognizing students for:
- meeting or exceeding behavior expectations
- going above and beyond on assignments or tasks
- demonstration of good citizenship
- random acts of kindness.
Kids turn in their "Bucks" and assistants tally their totals. Then a few times per year, the McKay Market is open for kids to spend their "bucks". Our first market was open the week before Spring Break, and it was a HUGE hit! Tons of fun, but more importantly lots of students who are working toward excellent character! Way to go Mustangs!
Students shopping at the McKay Market with their bucks!
There were a lot of donated new and gently used items for students to choose from.
McKay Parents Club and Altrusa have donated money for some of the McKay Market items.
Kids were allowed to save some Bucks in their account for the next store, if they had points left over.
Shopping frenzy for some cool stuff!
We had an awards assembly this month. Many students were honored for their hard work, character, and accomplishments. We had four students receive a Principal's Award for outstanding citizenship.
- Handy Lieuallen, Ellie Monkman, Melanie Boatright, and Claire Stratton walked the red carpet to receive their award from Mrs. Smith.
- Emily Farmer received the award for winning the Spelling Bee at McKay. She is the McKay spelling champion, and will represent McKay in the county spelling contest next month.
- Three classes were honored with the attendance trophies. Every other week we check attendance rates and honor the classes with the highest attendance percentage. Mrs. Noble, Mrs. Walters, and Mrs. Whitten's class get to have the HUGE trophies housed in their classrooms for the next two weeks of school. The trophies were donated by the TAPP grant.
Announcing the attendance winners.
That's one BIG attendance trophy!
- April 11 8:30-9:30 Principal Coffee @ McKay
- 2:00-3:00 5th grade/RAC in gym
- April 12 Evening Conferences & 4:00-7:00pm KG Registration @ PELC
- April 13 No School/Conferences & 8:00am-7:00pm KG Registration @ PELC
- April 14 No School
- April 17-21 Staff Appreciation Week
- Guidance Lessons with Mrs. Thorne
- April 18 2:00-3:00 5th grade/RAC in gym
- April 18-20 District Art Show (8:00am-8:00pm)
- April 19 Hearing Recheck for some students
- April 20 McKay School To Art Show
- April 21 3rd Grade Snack Sale at PM recess
- April 25 12:00 5th grade to RAC
- April 26 9:00-9:45/Gym Yo-Yo Assembly