Boxing- the sport or practice of fighting with the fists, especially with padded gloves in a roped square ring according to prescribed rules.
- They had fewer rules in the ancient olypics than now.
- They had no rounds.
- They fought until a man was considered beaten or knocked out.
- They were allowed to attack while opponent was on the ground.
- There was no weight classes and your opponent was chosen at random.
- Wrapped hands in leather and were used as gloves.
- They started boxing with gloves in 1600 BCE.
- Before gloves, they would box with bare hands. This lead to many broken hands and fingers.
- Kleitomachos was the only man to win two boxing events in the same year for the olympics.
- In Ancient Greece and now, they both use gloves.
- Each match was fought until someone was declared beaten.
- Both were fought within a certain area.
- Also, they couldn't grab or hold at anytime.