Content Manager, UW-Madison Engineering Professional Development (December 2014 to current)
Engineering Professional Development is a department within the College of Engineering that provides continuing education for working engineers and technical professionals. I implemented a content strategy and editorial calendar for the launch of the new EPD website, and I’m also working to finalize a social media content strategy for 2016. I helped manage the transition of content from the old EPD site to the new EPD site, including writing course descriptions for existing professional development short courses, landing pages, news pages, and other areas as needed. I’m in the process of revamping our social media strategy in the light of the recent web launch. I also work with and mentor student interns to develop and brainstorm new content and marketing ideas.
Marketing Communications Specialist, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (October 2010 to December 2014)
* Worked closely with Chief Marketing Officer to assist with the management of association communications, including public relations and marketing. Collaborated with outside public relations agencies to fulfill company’s strategic goals surrounding consumer awareness. Helped execute AACD’s first makeover contest, The Smile Story Contest.
* Managed and wrote copy for print and online marketing campaigns surrounding AACD’s annual meeting and member benefits including content for AACD’s bimonthly membership publication, Academy Connection, and weekly e-newsletter, eUpdate. Managed AACD’s email marketing campaigns, with open rates hovering above 20% in most cases. Helped manage media relations with national and major consumer media outlets, resulting in placements in Vogue, the New York Times, Washington Post, New Beauty, and others. Assisted with research to track trends in the cosmetic dental industry. Increased AACD’s visibility through social media like Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. Helped AACD’s graphics and IT department with overall content management strategy for AACD’s website.
Web Assistant Editor, The Credit Union National Association (March 2007 to October 2010)
* Wrote and edited content for CUNA’s online daily newspaper, News Now, including a series of three in-depth articles on credit unions and the challenges and concerns of using social networking to market to potential and current credit union members.
* Covered events and speakers at CUNA’s annual Governmental Affairs Conference in Washington, D.C., through live-blogging and photography. Accompanied various credit union groups as they met with constituents on Capitol Hill to generate content for stories appearing in News Now and other CUNA publications.
Intern, Cramer-Krasselt Public Relations (September 2006 to March 2007)
* Learned about public relations' role in branding by helping with media outreach. Wrote press releases, pitched stories to newspaper editors, tracked media coverage, helped "media train" customers for testimonials, and created media lists on behalf of the company’s largest clients, Johnson Controls and Kohl’s Corp.