- Film Producers are the ones in charge of the production of a TV show or a movie.
- They bring lots of talented people together to create one (or a series of) film(s).
- They are also responsible for the business of their production, making sure that they stay on their budget.
- Film Producers work with a team of people who are responsible for filling every part needed in order to create a successful film. This includes characters, designers, and the director. A Film Producer cannot work alone as film production requires people in the scene and behind the scenes.
- Usually early exposure to film is helpful in order to get into the filming industry.
- A degree isn't necessarily required if you are the founder, but having a degree in Fine Arts, Writing or Business would be helpful.
- Internships can give pursuing Film Producers more experience and opportunities.
- Strong Communication
- Time Management
- Can manage under pressure
- About $60,000-$70,000 depending on skills and years of experience
Companies, Organizations, or Institutions:
- Some examples of companies are Pixar, Disney, FOX, DreamWorks, Universal Pictures...etc.
Would I be Interested in this Career?
- Yes, this is a career I would be interested in, however I do lack some of the skills required to become a Film Producer. I have always thought it would be a good idea to work within the film industry under a Film Producer as an animator or a voice actor. Also, it doesn't require that much in-depth thinking and complications with anything mathematical or scientific; not to mention the pay isn't that bad. Film Producers are also well known and recognized for their hard work behind the scenes.