Following the hugely successful event in 2019, we are excited to announce the York Ice Trail will be returning for a full weekend on Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd February 2020.
Never seen the York Ice Trail? Check out the video below to give you a flavour of what you are missing.
We welcomed over 17,000 visitors to York City Centre on Saturday 2nd February 2019 to explore our stunning city and lookout for 50 magnificent ice sculptures, creating for the second year running The Largest Outdoor Ice Trail in the UK! We hope to continue this for 2020.
The York Ice Trail exists to:
- Create a free event that attracts a large audience to the city, appealing to York Resident's, Students and Visitors
- Move the audience around the city to areas of York they may never have been/ experienced before
- Boost the local economy through spending in local businesses
- Encourage repeat visits to the city after the event.
Being part of York Ice Trail is not only fun & creative, but can also increase footfall to your business guaranteeing a large audience for you to engage with. If you are looking for a different marketing opportunity that attracts thousands, this is the event for you.
Sculpture Sponsorship 2020
If your business would like to join the trail please check out the sponsorship packages available below. We have four packages for you to choose from; Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum. The only difference between the packages is the size/ detail of the sculpture you choose. We work with you to help choose the right sculpture and ensure you get the most out of taking part.
2020 Theme: Fantastical Fiction & Fairy Tales
All packages include:
- A stunning bespoke ice sculpture built to your requirements. Two identical sculptures are made, allowing a fresh sculpture to be available for each day of the trail
- Your company logo contained within the sculpture base
- The sculpture can be positioned in a location useful to your business*
- Inclusion in over 40,000 printed York Ice Trail maps. These will be distributed at the Visitor Information Centre, Park and Rides, Railway Station, Coach parks and businesses within the city. As well as digitally on the visityork.org website
- You will be included as a sculpture sponsor in all our promotional activity for the event, including social media
- An opportunity to build a promotion or offer around the sculpture. For example to increase your social media followers, sign ups to a newsletter, increase footfall on the day to your business.
*where appropriate, with final decision on all placements made by the discretion of the Make It York team.
OFFER - All Visit York members & returning York Ice Trail sponsors receive a 10% discount on packages booked by Friday 31st May 2019.
We have just 50 places available for the York Ice Trail 2020. They are filled on a first come first serve basis. Get in touch today to reserve your place and avoid disappointment.
Bronze Package £1,200+ vat
For the bronze package, you would receive an ice sculpture carved from one block of ice and displayed on an ice base with your logo floating inside. For these sculptures, one solid block of ice is used and do not need sections of ice to be fused together. This is the standard/ most popular sculpture package in the trail.
Silver Package £1,800+vat
For the Silver Package, sculptures would be made fusing multiple sections of ice together to create a more complex ice sculpture. These sculptures will be larger and take twice as long to create than the Bronze package sculptures. Silver sculptures will be heavy on detail, creating something even more impressive in detail, as well as size.
Gold Package £2,500+vat
For the Gold Package, almost half a tonne of ice is used to create something truly breath taking. These sculptures are much larger than both the Silver and Bronze packages. One of these huge sculptures will take two sculptors 2 to 3 days in a freezer to create. If you’re looking for something huge and detail orientated the Gold package is for you. These pieces will be approx. 1m wide x 2m tall.
Platinum Package £4,000+vat - The Showstopper!
For the Platinum Package, a full tonne of ice is used to create something even bigger than the sculptures included in the Gold package! We recommend something interactive like a throne. Due to the size of these sculptures we can only accommodate two orders for Platinum sculptures. They will also be placed in a prime location, on Parliament Street. These will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.