1. There were 34 aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander who participated in the rides, led by their president, Charles Perkins
2. There were also 3 other people on the bus with the students, Gerry Mason (representative of the Gerald government), Bill Pakenham (bus driver), Ernie Albrecht (bus driver)
3. The rides went from the 12th - 26th of February in 1965
4. The purpose of the rides was for students to see for themselves the lives of Aboriginal people so that they can do something to help
5. The rides visited 21 different towns around the Western parts of New South Wales
6. Their journey was roughly 2300km
7. The rides were based off of the American freedom rides led by Martin Luther King Jr.
8. The activist group was named the Student Action For Aboriginals (SAFA)