St. Petersburg: Russian city is Venice of the North
Amazing palaces, charming canals, opulent gardens, magnificent churches and a world-class museum make St. Petersburg one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
Here are a few interesting facts about the former imperial capital of Russia. St. Petersburg is located on 42 islands and has more than 350 bridges. Its beautiful canals, part of the Neva River, which flows into the Baltic Sea, give it the nickname, “the Venice of the North.”
It is the third largest in Europe, behind Moscow and London. St. Petersburg has one of the deepest and most attractive subway systems in the world. To get to the platform of the deepest station, Admiralteyskaya, you need to descend 282 feet on a series of escalators. All eight metro stations are places of cultural significance. Some are highly decorated with crystal chandeliers, palatial columns and mosaics.
Housed in the magnificent Winter Palace, a former residence of Russian emperors, the Hermitage Museum, with an astonishing three million pieces of artwork, is one of the top art museums in the world, on par with the Louvre in Paris and the Prado in Madrid.
Founded in 1764 by Catherine the Great, it has been open to the public since 1852. The museum is a complex of six historic buildings along Palace Embankment.
An army of cats helps guard the art stored in the museum’s cellars, keeping rats away from priceless items.
Did you know that...each cat has its own passport, a uniform in the form in yellow collar as well as a veterinary card. The cats are officially registered as qualified specialists in riding the museum from rodents. Currently, the Hermitage containts 80 cats
On the right: Moscow in XVIII century
Your 7 days, 6 night Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive to Moscow, start to enjoy your holiday and stay overnight.
- Day 2: Your second day in Moscow and stay overnight.
- Day 3: Your third day in Moscow and stay overnight
- Day 4: After hotel check-out you will board a modern bullet Sapsan train to St.Petersburg.* Enjoy your first day and stay overnight
- Day 5: Your second day to explore St.Petersburg and stay overnight
- Day 6: Your third day in St.Petersburg and stay overnight
- Day 7: After hotel check-out you will have your time in St.Petersburg before you go back home.
*This high-speed Russian train is capable of reaching the speed of 250 kph (155 mph), connecting the city centers of the two Russian capitals in only 3.5 hours.
* The price of the hotel is based on a double room, so you will need to buy a trip for two.
*Please, contact Travel Dream Club and we will offer a good option for Solo Travelers: firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you want to change (increase or decrease) amount of days/nights to stay, please, contact us: email@example.com We are happy to make your holiday planned by your desire
*Travel Dream Club will provide you with a travel guide with a description of routes and historical places, as well as a “package of tips” from experienced travellers and you will have your holiday enjoyable and planned by your desire.
* You can change the dates of your holiday before full coordination of details and completed travel documents.
*No cancellation after full coordination of details and completed travel documents. Changes are possible, subject to availability.
* Refund before final approval of documents guaranteed.