Imperial Jewels of China
14 days - 11 Guided Tours - June 10, 2017 - Shanghai to Beijing
Explore cosmopolitan Shanghai, imperial Beijing and the Terra Cotta Army; enjoy a 6-day Yangtze River cruise. Walk along the Great Wall and through Beijing’s old hutong neighborhoods. Contrast the stylized sculpted beasts guarding the Sacred Way of the Ming Tombs with the life-like statues of Xian’s Terra Cotta Army. Cruise between the bamboo groves and limestone pinnacles of the Yangtze’s Goddess Stream. Our 14-day cruisetour is the perfect introduction to China, showcasing its most important cultural centers and the mighty Yangtze.
Map of Imperial Jewels of China Route
All This Is Included
- 7-day Yangtze River cruise in veranda stateroom
- 2 nights in Shanghai: Westin Bund, Four Seasons or Ritz-Carlton Portman; 2 nights in Xian: Hilton, Sheraton or Wyndham Grand; 3 nights in Beijing: Kerry, JW Marriott or Regent Beijing (or similar)
- Fully escorted: 11 guided tours with audio headset
- Visit 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- All meals: 13 breakfasts, 12 lunches, 12 dinners, featuring regional specialties with select meals at local restaurants, including Welcome Cocktail Reception & Dinner
- Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks with onboard dinner and lunch
- Intra-China flights
- Culture Curriculum: Listen to the sound of the Hubei Bells; attend lectures on the Yangtze River, Three Gorges Dam & current affairs; see a Chinese Tea Ceremony; learn a few Chinese words; hone your skills at mahjong and tai chi
- All port charges
- Free internet service, connection speed may vary
Veranda Stateroom (C)
- Stateroom size: 250 sq. ft.
- Hotel-style beds 79 inches x 35 inches (with optional twin-bed configuration)
- Panoramic windows that open onto private veranda
- Private bathroom with shower and premium bath products
- Bathrobe and slippers available upon request
- Telephone, safe, hair dryer & bottled water replenished daily
- Kettle and instant coffee available in the stateroom
- Air conditioning
- Space under bed for storing suitcases
- Roomy wardrobe with wooden hangers
- Voltage: 220V and 110V in stateroom
- TV with premium entertainment package including CNN and other English-language programming
Price & Info
- Suite/Stateroom: 315
- Ship: Viking Emerald
- Total Cost: $10,476.00
- Deposit Amount: $1,000.00
- Deposit Due: 15-Nov-16 12:05 PM
- Final Payment Due: 30-Nov-16
- Airfare & Transfers for 2 people
- Land & cruise
- TripMate Insurance ($619 pp)
- $2800 discount for cruise & air
- Pre-paid gratuities (or choose Free Beverage Package or $400 Shipboard Credit)
- Twin bedding requested
Quote #2 NOTES
- If you want to get the beverage package, it must be purchased for everyone sharing the same stateroom. The cost will be $220 per stateroom to add this to your quote.
- SILVER SPIRITS BEVERAGE PACKAGE - Your meals are always accompanied by hot tea, ìced tea or coffee, house wines, beers and soft drinks. We also proudly offer a Silver Spirits beverage package, which covers unlimited premium wines, beers, espresso drinks, juices and mineral water for the entire duration of your cruise, plus cocktails and a bottle of sparkling wine. Start your day with a fragrant cappuccino, savor a fine regional wine with dinner, or celebrate with sparkling wine all for one package price.
- Please see the bar menu for prices and offerings. Prices are in Yuan Renminbi which is the local currency for China.
- Also, if you want to make sure that your flights and Trudy's flights match up, there is a $25 per person flight coordination charge to make sure the flights are the same.