- Millions of dollars are spent on advertising campaigns to give consumers the perception that water bottles comes from pristine mountain springs or magical underground aquifers,assuring purity and quality.
- The fact that bottled water is oftentimes only a little more than just tap water in a bottle...sometimes worse!
- There are no regulations or requirements that bottled water must be any higher in quality than tap water.
What you may not know:
- Plastic bottles can take up to 1000 years before they even begin to compose
- 90% of the cost of bottled water is due to the bottle itself
- 80% of plastic bottles are not recycled
- 38 Million plastic water bottles go to the dump per year in America (not including soda)
- The average American consumes 166 plastic bottles of water a year.