Partnering with Transplace to consolidate LTL shipments has led to significant operational improvements and cost savings, including:
- Consolidated 91% of the weight shipped to Laredo – By establishing a pool consolidation point in Indianapolis, the manufacturer was able to consolidate 91% of the weight being shipped to Laredo into full truckloads.
- Increased shipment and network visibility –Transplace’s TMS and reporting capabilities helped the manufacturer increase visibility of its network and better track shipments. Daily reporting provided greater transparency and intelligence around shipment status and overall performance.
- Consistent processes and shipping schedule –Establishing standardized processes for vendor shipments into the pool center enabled the manufacturer to maintain a consistent weekly schedule –reducing the number of expedited moves needed –and maintain a high level of on-time service.
- Reduced shipment damages – By having more control over shipments and fewer touchpoints, the company was able to reduce the amount of damage to its freight.
- Realized cost savings by consolidating LTL shipments – By strategically consolidating LTL shipments to TL, the manufacturer was able to significantly reduce its transportation costs. Additional savings is expected from multi-shipper consolidation efforts.
- Competitive, technology-controlled pricing –Utilizing Transplace’s logistics technology allowed the manufacturer to streamline its transportation activities and achieve market competitive rates.
Confidence and Peace of Mind
- Established certainty in supply chain – By increasing visibility and establishing greater control over its shipments to Mexico, the company was able to establish a seamless consolidation program and have peace of mind about its supply chain performance and service to its customers.