What is a Healthy Diet?
- Consuming the 5 main food groups
- Positive mindset
- Appropriate calorie intake
- including at least 60 minutes of exercise
- emphasizes fruits, veggies, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts
- Is low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt, and added sugars
Why is a healthy diet important?
- To stay in shape
- Helps prevent overweight and obesity
- Reduces the risk of chronic disease
- Reduces the risk of early mortality
Pros of a Healthy Diet
- Veggies and fruits can reduces risk for heart disease, including heart attack and stroke.
- Veggies and fruits may protect against certain types of cancers.
- Diets that are rich in fibers may reduce the risk of heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes.
- Diets rich in potassium may lower blood pressure, and may also reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
- Eating vegetables that are lower in calories per cup instead of some other higher-calorie food may be useful in helping to lower calorie intake.
Cons of a Healthy Diet
- Social obstacles may occur
- Friends won't want to tempt you going off your diet, bu they don't was to consider changing their dinner choices
- Others might feel guilty by your diet because they know they should do the same
- People might think that you think you are better than them because you are committed to a diet
How Can Eating a Healthy Diet Affect My Ability To Live a Healthy and Balanced Life?
By eating a healthy diet can affect my physical appearance, and my emotions. It could affect my physical appearance because i might get more toned and fit. Eating a healthy diet can affect my emotions because since id start eating better and healthier, it might make me more happy with life.