Matthew 25 AIDS Services was in need of an attractive, comprehensive, and easy to recognize visual marketing campaign that connected with individuals at high risk for contracting HIV and inspires them to explore preventative treatment, such as PrEP.
What Is PrEP?
PrEP, or Pre-exposure prophylaxis, is a medication that can be used to prevent the contraction of HIV when used by individuals who are HIV-negative.
What Communities does this impact?
HIV is prevalent in the Black and Latinx communities, and very prevalent among same-sex loving men of all races. Some statistics to consider:
- 1 in 16 Black men will be diagnosed with HIV in their lifetime.
- 1 in 48 Black women will be diagnosed with HIV during their lifetime.
- 1 in 48 Latino men will be diagnosed with HIV in their lifetime.
- 1 in 227 Latina women will be diagnosed with HIV in their lifetime.
- Gay and bisexual men aged 13 to 24 accounted for an estimated 92% of new HIV diagnoses among all men in their age group and 27% of new diagnoses among all gay and bisexual men.
Any individual, regardless of age, race, sexual orientation or gender can contract HIV. Some
Synico created a branded, visually stunning print campaign which consisted of an internal bus ad, postcard-sized handouts, general-use stickers, and premium stock flyers. A QR code was added to all printed materials as a highly effective and proven method for quick digital access to the client as well as performance tracking.