Romania By:Megan Brose

Scenery

Physical Features

Romania's beautiful waterfalls attract many Tourists which may cause the flowing of money in Romania's economy.

Physical Features

The largest group of mountains that run through Romania were called the Carpathian Alps. There are many legends that come from these mountains from Werewolves to Devils to Vampires.

Landmarks

Scărișoara Cave, is one of the biggest ice caves in the Apuseni Mountains of Romania, in a part of Carpathian chain. It is considered a show cave and one of the natural wonders of Romania.

Landmarks

Corvin Castle, also known as Hunyadi Castle or Hunedoara Castle, is a Gothic-Renaissance castle in Hunedoara, Romania. It is one of the largest castles in Europe and figures in a top of seven wonders of Romania.

Map of Romania

Romania is in the eastern part of Europe.

Culture

Language

The Romanian's language is Romanian which is closely related to Italian, French, Spanish, Catalan and Portuguese. Which sounds like...

Religion

87% of the population of Romania adopted the Eastern Orthodox to be their religion. The other 13% include Roman Catholicism, Greek Catholicism, Calvinism, and Pentecostal denominations.

Food

Pork is most common for the source of meat but the most common TYPE of food in Romania, is Italian.

Sports

The most popular sport of Romania is Football which is called Soccer in the USA. In 1909, 3 teams were in the final championship but Romania lost a game and was sent home.

Music

Romanians listen to mostly the same kind of music as we do in the USA but occasionally a kind of classical music.

Dance

The dance that Romanians are known for doing is the Traditional Folk Dance that they love to do at celebrations. The dance is very elegant and neat.

Clothing

In Romanian Tradition, the boys long white pants, white shirts, and long black vests and the girls wear white shirts with red embroidered embellishments, black vests with red trim, and striped red-and-black skirts.

Housing

44% of Romanians live in poverty. The other percentage is doesn't have much Uniqueness with their housing. They are mostly nice cleaned up houses.

Population

The population of Romania is approximately 19.96 million People.

Time

Romania is exactly 8 hours ahead of Chillicothe, Missouri and exactly 7 hours ahead of Washington D.C.

Resources

Romania is Europe’s richest country in gold resources

Government

Klaus Werner Iohannis is the current President of Romania. He became leader of the National Liberal Party in 2014, after having served as leader of the Democratic Forum of Germans in Romania from 2002 to 2013.

History

War

Romania was part of World War 1 but was forced to exited the war because they were surrounded by Central Powers. Romania re-entered November 10, 1917 and continued fighting to stay Romania and become part of Russia.

People

If you know that Transylvania is in Romania then you must know that Vlad the Impaler. He started the myth of DRACULA who was a "brutal Vampire."

Famous People

Actors

Sebastian Stan is a Romanian-American actor, known for his role as James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes / Winter Soldier in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Sebastian also appeared in the 2010 film Black Swan.

Authors

Mihai Eminescu was a Romantic poet, novelist and journalist, often regarded as the most famous and influential Romanian poet.

Musicians

George Enescu, known in France as Georges Enesco, was a Romanian composer, violinist, pianist, conductor, and teacher. He is regarded by many as Romania's most important musician.

Gymnast

Nadia Elena Comăneci is a Romanian gymnast who, at the age of 14, became the first gymnast in Olympic history to be awarded the perfect score of 10.0 at the 1976 Summer Olympics in Montreal

Inventor

Emil Racoviță was a Romanian biologist, zoologist, speleologist, explorer of Antarctica and the first biologist in the world to study the arctic life.

Conclusion

Romanian people haven't really changed the way they do things over the past 200 years but they dress a little differently and even the way the act also.

Credits:

Created with images by danfador - "pietrele doamnei rarau romania" • bortescristian - "Balea waterfall - May 2008"

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.