Georgia Athletic Hospitality is actively working with the University of Georgia Athletic Association leadership, Athens-Clarke County public health officials, and following the SEC’s "COVID-19 Recommended Guidelines for Guest Attendance" to ensure the health and safety of all SkyClub guests and staff.
The following precautions undertaken by the University of Georgia Athletic Association and Georgia Athletic Hospitality, including Proof of the Pudding, C&C Janitorial Services, and Titan Global Enterprises, are consistent with the Governor’s guidance for the State of Georgia.
Georgia Athletic Hospitality
- Georgia Athletic Hospitality game day staff are called "FANGINEERS™."
- FANGINEERS™, interns, and directors have agreed to monitor symptoms, including checking temperature for fever of 100.4° F or higher; immediately reporting any known or potential exposures to COVID-19 to Hospitality Director; staying at home if feeling ill; wearing a mask and appropriate PPE while in Sanford Stadium; practicing physical distancing as much as possible; frequent washing and sanitizing of hands; and if tested, reporting results in a timely manner.
- All FANGINEERS™, interns, and directors will wear a mask while in Sanford Stadium.
- FANGINEERS™ at the gates and elevators will wear gloves and replace gloves at regular intervals.
- SkyClub guests needing assistance should contact the FANGINEER™ at the Podium, located in the central lobby, across from Elevators "J" and "K".
Proof of the Pudding
Proof of the Pudding is the catering provider for the SkyClub. Safety and sanitation have always been top priority and are very important to Proof of the Pudding. While disinfecting protocols will be escalated, Proof of the Pudding will continue their stringent food handling practices and research new best practice protocols and guidelines.
Prior to the football season, each Proof of the Pudding team members has completed a Sanitation Basics and COVID-19 training course. Catering Director and game day managers have completed the COVID-19 Course by ServSafe, as well as the Communicable Disease Prevention training.
- Prior to arriving at Sanford Stadium, Proof of the Pudding team members will complete a 4-part health questionnaire.
- Proof of the Pudding Catering Director will conduct temperature checks on all employees.
- Employees will be given a wristband indicating a temperature of 100.3° F or lower.
- All buffets will be served by a masked and gloved Proof of the Pudding attendant.
- Catering attendants will assemble all entrées behind barriers and will be served in "to go"-style containers.
- Many menu items, including sides, desserts, and salad, will be individually served.
- All cutlery will be individually wrapped.
- All condiments will be individually sealed.
- For more information about the catering operation, changes implemented due to COVID-19, and game day menus, please see "New for 2020 | Catering Operation" below.
C & C Janitorial Services
C&C Janitorial Services is the custodial provider for the SkyClub. In addition to taking extra sanitation measures while cleaning the SkyClub and premium seating area, C&C Janitorial is requiring all staff to:
- Employees will self-monitor for symptoms including cough and fever
- Conduct temperature checks on game day
- Employees with a temperature of 100.4° F or higher will not be permitted inside Sanford Stadium
Titan Global Enterprises
Titan Global Enterprises is the security provider for the premium seating areas in Sanford Stadium, including the SkyClub. Titan is also the in-stadium security provider for the whole of Sanford Stadium. Georgia Athletic Hospitality employs a separate and dedicated branch of Titan security that exclusively serves the premium seating areas.
Titan Global Enterprises is taking the following safety measures of all employees:
- Employee is not permitted to work if they have had a fever of 100.4° F degrees within 24 hours of shift
- Employees will wear a mask or face covering at all times within Sanford Stadium.
- Employees will maintain good hygiene and will wash hands frequently throughout shift.
- Employees who are required to touch guest belongings will wear gloves and dispose of them immediately after handling items.
- Titan Manager may perform temperature scan of each employee upon arrival for shift.