- Podcast Interview | Kindergarten Kiosk | Kathy Crane | 1-20-2017
- Fundraiser aims to bring out kids' best | Deseret News | Jeffrey D. Allred | 3-11-17
- Mountain Morning Show Interview | Park City TV | Christine Napier | 4-4-17
Playworks is implementing a new tool called the Great Recess Framework (GRF), which is designed to assess the quality of outcomes at recess, and to help schools gauge whether students are engaging in safe and healthy play.
The GRF is divided into three sections:
- Safety: Students are physically and emotionally safe
- Engagement: Students are engaged and active
- Empowerment: Students are empowered to lead games and resolve their own conflicts
An online assessment tool called Recess Check-Up has been sent to several Utah schools that don't currently partner with Playworks. This tool helps schools examine whether safe and healthy play is happening in their own school community. As we obtain results, we offer our services to schools that will benefit from additional resources to achieve safe and healthy play, ultimately bringing us closer to our 2020 aim.
"I think the best program at East Midvale Elementary is the Playworks program. It teaches students how to play fair with other students, not just at recess, but also at home or wherever the students are."
-Malik Bannaga, East Midvale Elementary student