Exhausted but pleased we could now walk downhill for 9.2km (200m to parked car). We all struggled in some way and after 6 hours made it back to the car. The spa at the caravan park gave all of us some welcome relief for our aching muscles and joints.
Suggan Buggan Schoolhouse.
Built in 1865 by Edward O'Rourke, an early holder of the Suggan-Buggan run. The slab and shingle single room schoolhouse with tiny room at one end for the accommodation of the tutor, was built for the education of Edward's 11 children. It is now the only remaining connection with the first settlement by the O'Rourke family. As there as no signs to direct you to this amazing glimpse into the past, it is probably missed by many which is a terrible shame for such a significant site.
Hayley admiring the horses at Butchers Ridge rest stop and wondering how we could fit one in.
Picnic Beach at Wilsons Promontory
Great Glennie Island from Picnic Beach at Wilsons Promontory
Sadly we didn't reach our second goal for the trip to get to the southern most point on the mainland as our legs were not up to doing another 32km hike from the carpark. Maybe next time! We did however drive as far south as we could to Tidal River campground.