It's A Tradition
This small Kansas town, with its historic architecture and a downtown anchored by the Mulvane Historical Museum (housed in the former Santa Fe Depot), is great year-round but Christmas really brings out the charm and spirit of the community. The Chamber Christmas Celebration is a highlight of the season!
Mulvane Christmas Celebration
Starts with a Donkey Parade at 4:30 pm
Festivities begin with the traditional Donkey Parade. The parade is led by adorable Miniature Donkeys announcing the arrival of Santa & Mrs. Claus coming to town on Mulvane Fire Truck #1 on their way to Santa’s Mulvane Headquarters. The parade goes North from the Mulvane Co-op, East along Main St, South down Prather around Main Street Park, back on Main St pausing to drop-off Mr. & Mrs. Claus at Santa's Mulvane Headquarters, and ends at the Mulvane Historical Museum. Bring your friends and family to welcome Santa & Mrs. Claus!
evening of festivities from 5:00-8:00 pm
A magical night for all ages! Stroll through downtown to see the lights, warm up with hot drink and cobbler, stop by the petting zoo, take a carriage ride, visit St. Nicks Kids' Games & Face Painting, bring a toy for the Toys for Kids Drive, and OF COURSE visit Santa at his Mulvane Headquarters. In this Christmas-crazy town, the options are endless....
Santa's Mulvane Headquarters
Bring the kids to visit Santa & get a treat from Mrs. Claus at Santa's Mulvane Headquarters at 101 E Main (The Pix Community Center.) The kids can also spend time with the elves in Mrs. Claus' Reading Corner, write that all important letter to Santa so he has the full wish list, and make an official Headquarters ornament to take home. Bring your camera to snap a photo too!
It's a beloved event in Mulvane so arrive early and take time to enjoy the event.
- All activities are from 5-8pm unless otherwise indicated.
- Santa's Mulvane Headquarters - FREE - 101 E Main (The Pix Community Center) - Sponsored in part by the Mulvane Chamber of Commerce
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides - FREE - Next to the Mulvane Historical Museum - Sponsored by the Mulvane Chamber of Commerce
- St. Nicks Kids' Games & Face Painting - Amy's Pizza Place - Sponsored by the Villa Maria
- Laurie's Kitchen Soup Supper - $10 per person OR bring a toy for Toys for Kids Drive - Laurie's Kitchen at 113 W Main - Soup, Grilled Cheese, Cobbler, & Drink - All proceeds go to Mulvane EMS Toys for Kids Drive
- Cobbler & Hot Cider (4:30-8:00pm) - $5 - Outside next to Laurie's - Fundraiser by Boy Scout Troop 888
- Santa's Petting Zoo - FREE - Chamber of Commerce Park (next to Amy's Pizza Place)
- Hot Chocolate, Cider, & Special Treats - FREE - Cobb Park - Special treats & drinks served by the Mulvane Girl Scouts. Drinks compliments of the Mulvane Chamber of Commerce
- Girl Scout Christmas Program - Cobb Park
- Presents Early! - Register to win prizes on Dec 1 & 2 at any of the 41 participating businesses. See full list in the Mulvane News.
Prize Drawing by Santa - 8:00 pm
Santa will draw the winners for the prizes. Do not need to be preset to win. Winners will be announced at the time of drawing and in The Mulvane News.
Celebrate a small town Christmas in Mulvane, KS with our Holiday Open Houses. Grab your holiday shopping list, bring your best friend and plan to make this holiday season shopping trip a memorable one. Visit Mulvane's retail shops featuring unique and locally produced items. After everything has been crossed off your list, enjoy some warm cider or a glass a wine & dinner in one of our area restaurants, then end the night at the Kansas Star Casino or an area hotel or B&B. You'll be sure this holiday will be stress free! Participating stores will be offering in-store specials, door prize drawings, and refreshments!
It Takes a Village
A special thank you to mike Robinson, mulvane news & chamber board member, for his dedication to this mulvane Christmas celebration!
We also thank the businesses, community partners, supporters, volunteers, and the mulvane residents for making the Mulvane chamber Christmas Celebration truly magical for all!
Brought to you in part by the Mulvane Chamber of Commerce
Chamber Activities Sponsored in part by The Mulvane Co-op. Visit their store at 220 W. Poplar or checkout their website at http://www.mulvanecoop.com/
Mission: To Promote Local Commerce and Community
- Mulvane Chamber of Commerce Office: 104 Prather, Mulvane, KS 67110
- Billing, General Inquiries, Membership Dues: PO Box 67, Mulvane, KS 67110 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Economic development, Events, Member Relations: Contact the Chamber Director, Melissa Houston | email@example.com | 316-777-4850 | Visit Office