Blue Marble Cocktail Ambassadors,
Wow, what a start to our company! Like most entrepreneurs, I love seeing lemons turn into lemonade. My frustration in the mixed-cocktail market lit a fire to develop the world's best tasting, all-natural cocktail in a convenient shake and pour can. From concept, through development, to market, the response has just been incredible. We are on the cusps of breaking all preconceptions of a ready-made-drink cocktail out of a can.
Here are the following updates:
- Team Members
Regulatory: Good news!
- We have received our reseller license AND importer license from the TTB - two weeks ahead of schedule. We can officially start taking orders and sell the product
- 6 out 8 formulas have received TTB approval and we expect the additional 2 within two weeks.
- 6 labels have been submitted to the TTB for approval and are expected mid January. All labels expected approval by February 1, 2017
- We continue to refine the pre-production process and expect to continue shipping out the remaining 1,000 pre-production cases next Thursday. We have refined the shrink sleeve labels to make them more legible and have a better over-all look
- We have ordered a new nitro-dose machine to improve resistance to dents
- We have received our shipment of white cans (top photo) to be used for current pre-production and future pre-production needs.
- We have sourced a new printer to print pre-production cans for a "production" look
- We have sourced better ingredients for a lower costs due to bulk purchasing - our target is to reduce cost by 20%
- Initially we were looking at shipping our unique, ceramic lined production cans in May and now believe we are on track to start shipping in March a full 2 months early!
Relations and connections continue to play a key role in our success. As we grow, we grow. Starting January 2nd, 2017, we welcome Mr. Glen Meinecke (Six Sigma Black Belt Certified Logistics Master), to BMC. Glen will be overseeing our production, vendors, and business operations. Our commitment to quality and efficiency is paramount and am excited that Glen is joining the team. Our internal team will also be growing early in 2017 with additions to Marketing, Sales, Logistics and operations.
Great meeting with Richard Branson and his team. We are meeting with Virgin Airlines on January 7-10 to put our Necker Island drink on Virgin Atlantic flights daily. I expect for this to be our first BIG order.
BMC has been selected to be the title sponsor with Patron for the 2017 Necker Cup and Necker Open starting November 27. Additionally we are negating to be the title sponsor for the Mai Tai kitesurfing, SUP and windsurfing events. Our commitment to keeping the blue marble blue!
Talks have begun with Carnival Cruise lines decision makers and we are excited that they are wanting to move forward through the discovery phase. Additional meetings to take place in Q1 of 2017 with Norwegian, Princess, Viking and Crystal. Branson's team has indicated we will be on their new cruise line set to launch in 2020!
Meetings with Virgin, American Airlines, Jet Blue are just the beginning. The sky is not the limit!!
Our push into racing continues!! We are selected as the title sponsor for the new TV series for CBS called American Racer - filming to begin Q2. Honda Motorsports has also interested in partnering world-wide, and Tom Shine is working with his connections in the F1 world, more to come....
Very successful meetings with the Levy Corporation. We are moving quickly with them to place product at their stadiums. A prefect in with the biggest distributor - Southerns. We are also working on Legends, Live Nation and more. The ability to sell lots of great tasting cocktails quickly has a huge appeal.
2017 BMC at the major PGA tournaments
BMC will be at: Necker Island, Oil Nut Bay, Victor International Properties and negotiations continuing at White Lodging Properties, Ritz Carlton NYC, Marriott.
Our unique can gives us a huge advantage for roof top bars around the world. Photo: Nikki Beach Monaco