Remember to keep checking the weekly newsletter link that is sent on Fridays. We can make on-demand updates during the week and let you know about any cancellations or new activities if needed without re-sending the link. Thank you!
QUICK NOTES FOR PARENTS
(Scroll down for more details)
- Calling all HP PTO Cookie Bakers! Please sign up below so we can OPEN UP the Hawks Nest (Student Store). See LINK under PTO section below
- 8th grade Party Planning Parent Committee - Let's meet on Wed., March 13
- MARINER - Incoming 9th Grade Parents (and students) Night at MHS, March 14
- HPMS Multicultural Celebration - March 15 - See details under PTO section below.
- HP PTO Staff Appreciation Luncheon - March 15 - See details under PTO section below. Can you help?
- 5th Grade FAMILY Night - Please help us spread the word - 5th Grade FAMILY Night is Tuesday, March 19 (6:00P-8:00P) for 5th graders and their parents coming to HPMS next fall. This event is for 5th grade students and their parents.
- KAMIAK 8th Grade Parent Night (Part 1), March 20 - More details to come!
- HP TRACK SEASON INFO - See details under Track section below.
- Is your student interested in running for an ASB Office? Election Packets will be available April 1st in Student Services. More details to come!
This Week at HP - MARCH 11 -15
Sunday, March 10
- Daylight Saving Time - Don't forget to spring ahead one hour!
Monday, March 11
- COLOR GUARD, 2:50-3:50, Commons
- SPORTS CLUB, 2:50-3:50
- Wrestling @Voyager, 3:45
- 7/8 Girls Basketball @HP (vs. OV), 3:45
- Winter Percussion, 3:00-5:00P, Band Room
Tuesday, March 12
- DEBATE CLUB , 2:50-3:50, N108
- HP ROCKS CLUB, 2:50-3:50, W102 (Art Room)
- SCRAPBOOK CLUB, 2:50-3:50, N211
- 7/8 Girls Basketball @HP (vs. Meadowdale), 3:45
- Wrestling HP @Gateway MS, 3:45
- District Orchestra Festival, 7P, Kamiak Gym
Wednesday, March 13
- SKMEA Choir Festival, All day, Trinity Lutheran Church
- COLOR GUARD, 2:50-3:50, Commons
- Canceled for today! DRAWING CLUB
- MATH CLUB, 2:50-3:50, W213
- Winter Percussion Drill Rehearsal, 6:30-9:00P, Band Room
- 8th Grade Parent Party Planning Committee Meeting, 6:30P-7:30P, Commons
Thursday, March 14
- WEB Lessons, 6th Grade Science Classes
- UPDATE!! HAWK SWAP - NEXT THURSDAY
- Canceled - BUILDING CONNECTIONS will not meet again until next fall. Thanks!
- LEGO/KINEX CLUB, 2:50-3:50, W104
- QSA CLUB, 2:50-3:50, N202
- Wrestling @Alderwood, 3:45P
- LIT Dismissal, 1:30P
- PTO Multicultural Day, during lunches
- PTO Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Enjoy your weekend Hawks!!
multicultural day at hpms - parent participation needed!
A message from your PTO Staff Appreciation Chair -
FRIDAY, MARCH 15 - Please help us to showcase cultural and culinary heritage of our school by cooking or delivering various dishes representing your cultural heritage and treating our teachers and staff to a nice meal.
Please indicate what you will bring. Food will be needed between 8:30-10 am to cover all lunch shifts. Please feel free to e- mail or text / call me with any questions you may have.
Let's surprise our wonderful teachers and serve most interesting dishes from different parts of our planet! Thanks, and Best regards- Diana Akopyan 425-772-6644
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO PTO SECTION TO SEE PHOTOS OF LAST YEAR'S MULTICULTURAL DAY We'd love for you to join the fun!
WHEN WILL THE CANCELED SCHOOL DAYS BE MADE UP?
A question on the minds of many parents as a result of the recent string of snow storms is when the canceled school days will be made up, which they must because state law requires that students attend school for 180 days. The answer to that question is unknown at this point. Here’s what we know:
• The make-up days will not be taken from Mid-Winter Break or from Spring Break. Many parents and staff members have already made commitments for those days, so we do not want to cause them to change those plans at this late date.
• When this year’s calendar was developed, we set aside two days (Wednesday, June 19 and Thursday, June 20) as potential snow make-up days. Now, the scheduling of five additional make-up days will need to be decided.
• Winter is not over. Depending on the weather during the next several weeks, more school days could be canceled. We’ve had canceled days as late as March 1.
• The dates already established for high school graduation ceremonies will not change.
• There has been some talk that the state’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction may grant exceptions for some canceled school days because they occurred during a state of emergency that was declared by the governor.
• Whether exceptions are granted, or not, the school district still must provide students with a minimum number of instructional hours.
The Mukilteo School District will consider all of these factors in deciding when the canceled school days will be made up. An official announcement will be made as soon as it can be.
News for 8th graders and their families!
attention 8th grade girls - KAMIAK cheer wants you to try-out!
Information and applications are available in HP's Student Services Office. All required materials are due March 19. There was a mandatory parent meeting on March 6th at 7P, KHS Library. If you missed the meeting but want to try-out, contact Coach Kim Nelson at email@example.com
mariner Incoming 9th Grade Parent (and students) Night - March 14
On Thursday, March 14 from 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM we will welcome our new Mariner parents (and students) at our Incoming 9th Grade Parent Night. We look forward to meeting with our incoming families!
Kamiak 8th grade parent night (parents only) - march 20
If you have an 8th grader who is planning to attend Kamiak High School next fall, please mark your calendar and plan to attend the 8th Grade Parent Night on March 20th from 6:00P-8:30P at KHS. This event is for PARENTS ONLY. A letter to parents is being mailed on March 8th. Details will also be posted on KHS website on Monday, March 11th.
8th GRADE PARENTS - ArE you ready to plan a party? Let's meet wednesday, March 13th!
8th grade parents and guardians who are interested in volunteering for the 8th grade Party Planning Parent Committee - Let's meet on Wednesday, March 13th at 6:30P - 7:30P in the Commons. Come with your party theme ideas. Ask your student what they think would be a fun theme. (Remind your student that the theme is all about the decorations. It's not a costume party.) Past party themes have included: Hollywood, Beach, Masquerade, Night on the Pier, Candy land, etc. Try googling 8th grade/teen party themes and be sure to check-out Pinterest too! You will come up with a list of 4 or 5 theme ideas that the 8th grade class will vote on. Get creative!
- In the past, it has worked well to have 2 or 3 parents "Co-Chair" the party planning.
- At our first meeting, I will be looking for two or three parents who would be willing to take on the leadership role. If you're interested but you have questions, please feel free to call or e-mail me. (425-366-5137 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- See you on the 13th!
EXTRA! extra! NEWSIES cast members Selling butter braids!
Butter Braids are the perfect pastry for Easter Brunch, Mother's Day, Father's Day, or any special morning! Cast members will be selling Butter Braids ($13 each) from now until March 24th. Orders will be delivered on April 4. If you would like to order, see a cast member or contact Heather Brady at email@example.com Thank you for your support!
CONTACTS FOR DRAMA BOOSTERS TEAM