As you may know, the Scarsdale Public Schools have been making progress on long-awaited improvements at both Scarsdale Middle School and Scarsdale High School. We provided a construction update over the winter months, and this is our spring update. Work is moving along at a rapid pace. Thank you again for your approval of our bond issue in December 2014, which made all of this possible. Here is an update:
• Interior demolition of electrical and mechanical equipment in existing building adjacent to the auditorium stage has been completed.
• Work has been completed on exterior foundation drainage and backfill, storm drains and heating pipes.
• A concrete slab on grade was completed on April 24.
• Work will begin shortly on exterior masonry walls.
• Roof joists are scheduled to be on site in mid-May.
• Contractor is obtaining a match of existing windows for review and approval.
• The completion date for the Orchestra Room addition has been extended by about 4 weeks; with substantial completion scheduled for the end of July.
• All boiler room equipment has been delivered.
• Framing and sheetrock of Physical Education Office area and Innovation Lab is complete.
• Framing of the kitchen area is complete.
• Ductwork installation is substantially complete in the Physical Education offices and Innovation Lab.
• Plumbing main lines have been completed, along with a tie-in for sanitary and water piping.
• Structural steel is scheduled to be delivered in mid-May.
• Installation of the climbing wall has begun.
• The contractors have provided the District with a revised construction schedule, although substantial completion remains on target as of this date.