- The restoration before & after post saw the most engagement by an enormous amount, showing how our audience loves to see the power of Photoshop.
- Trending pieces of content like Steve McMenammy’s Combo Photos perform especially well.
- Photo manipulation tutorials are significantly more successful than design-based tutorials. Double exposure tutorials fell in the lower end of engagement, suggesting that the style may be on its way out, at least among our Facebook audience.
- Prioritize before & after shots as a good way to give our audience something to aspire to.
- We’ll continue to seek out trending content relevant to our audience and potentially work with influencers like Steve McMenammy who are well-recognized by our audience.
- Continue testing double exposure content to determine if the trend has faded among our fans.
- Ted Chin’s Instagram cross-promotional post was one of the top engaging posts of the quarter and drove over 300 clicks to Instagram.
- Promotion of live events falls in the bottom of overall engagement, however link clicks often exceed engagement on these posts.
- Our growth in followers this year compared to this time last year can be attributed to the Twitter algorithm, which was implemented in March 2016.
- Test using more of our Instagram content across channels as a way to drive to Instagram and deliver high-quality content to our audience.
- The objective of promoting live events is to raise awareness of the events off-channel, so link clicks is a better indication of performance. However, we’ll continue to be selective with these posts.
- Our top-5 performing YouTube videos are beginner tutorials, showing that users look to YouTube as a place to learn and get started in Photoshop.
- Seek to upload more tutorial content to our YouTube channel via our Evangelists, and consider the beginner angle for YouTube specifically.
- Third party video content from #Ps_In Motion produced some of our most engaging content to-date.
- At 9.5K submissions, #Ps_InMotion also saw our highest number of submissions to-date, showing our audience has appetite for experimenting with video.
- Consider integrating more video content into our ongoing themes, when available.
- Decreases across the board likely due to a combination of factors: anomalies in Q1 '16 (DNG post with 15.9k views) and Q1 '17 (Eric Chan post with 301 views), inauguration (1/20/17) coverage dominating media, and paid cross-promotion of blog posts.
- Cross-promoted blog posts with paid spend outperform those without.
- Continue cross-promoting blog posts on social with paid spend.
- Proceeding with Location Spotlight series and more PR integration.
- This quarter, the 10 Year Anniversary post, Lightroom Memento post and Photoshop blog cross-promotional posts performed best on Facebook.
- In everyday social content, Water, Astrophotography, and Urban content buckets performed best while Live class, Tutorial, and Arts and Humanity content saw lower engagement.
- Paid results this quarter show a direct positive correlation between increased paid spend and increased engagement.
- The upcoming Lightroom Brand Affinity campaign will likely perform similarly to anniversary and creative campaign posts so we are looking forward to those engagement results.
- Continue to increase cadence and test new content buckets (e.g. Water, Urban, Aerial) and decrease the frequency of Live class and Tutorial content.
- Continue to use paid promotion to optimize engagement on Facebook as the platform remains "pay to play".
- Video and photo content outperformed GIF and linked content.
- Top performing content included the 10 Year Anniversary post and Corporate release posts as well as Editorial, Aerial, and Astrophotography content buckets from everyday social, while Photoshop blog cross-promotion, Live class, and Lightroom Memento saw the lowest performance.
- Continue using strong visuals on the platform, while avoiding GIF content.
- Focus on more Editorial content, still avoiding workflow, using strong visuals, and optimizing calls-to-action, as well as testing new content buckets based on photography trends.
- Top-performing content this quarter was Lightroom Coffee Break while the remaining video content was related to the Lightroom CC 2015.8 / 6.8 release blog post.
- The increase in videos on the channel this quarter resulted in increased views and engagement.
- Continue leveraging Ben Warde's tutorial knowledge and content.
- Consistently post videos to YouTube and link to playlists in cross-promotional posts to increase traffic to the YouTube channel.