Whether middle or high school meeting, you can expect the following!
- Free Time with a variety of recreational options, table games, fun snacks and opportunities to catch up with friends
- All Group time involving cooperative games or team challenges
- Peer Group Time with bible discussion led by Students in Leadership
- Series-based, interactive Message with Harrison that partners with Peer Group discussion
- Occasional: Worship Music, Theme Nights, On-Site Service Projects
We are currently looking for students and parents interested in leadership and volunteering within the program! Please contact Harrison (see info at top) if interested!!
Current Theme: "Not a Phase"
Life with Christ was never meant to just be some phase we’re going through. We’re talking about:
- *Lasting Change
- *Experience vs. Commitment
- *Choosing to be “Set Apart”
- *Trusting Jesus’ Commitment to US
- *Staying True Under Pressure
We’ve been walking through parts of 2 Corinthians 3, John 15, Revelation 3, 2 Corinthians 5, 1 Peter 1, Galatians 5, John 10, Romans 8, Philippians 1 and Philippians 3.
Other Classes and Meetings
Confirmation 10:00am Sundays
We have "soft-started" our confirmation program, but there's still plenty of time to sign up! We'll continue taking commitments through November 3, with a Parent and Mentor Orientation during confirmation class on November 7.
Confirmation is open to 7th-10th graders, will be Sunday Mornings at 10am, through May. With our extended schedule and spread curriculum, we can work around schedules that have to miss some Sundays.
In addition to the Sunday morning meetings, Confirmation will also involve each student having a mentor they meet with twice/month through the process, and will need to be present at a Spring Confirmation Retreat, as well as Confirmation Sunday late May or Early June.
Contact Harrison to get plugged in to Confirmation!
Sunday School Classes 10:00am Sundays
10:00am each Sunday we're back to holding Sunday School Classes. There's a new "Pre-Teen" class for 5th-6th Graders, 7-8th Graders can be a part of Confirmation as a class even if they aren't participating in the process. 9th-12 graders (besides those in confirmation) will meet in youth lounge for High School SS. We have some new teachers for all three classes and we're really excited how we can grow from all of these!
(Weekly Meetings & Classes continue each week UNLESS designated below)
- October 16 (SAT) - GOD LOVES GUILFORD (ORUMC-Wide Service work and Celebration) 9:00am-12:00pm; 4:00-7:00pm
- October 24 (SUN) - Student Leadership Meeting, 12:15pm Youth Rm
- October 24 (SUN) - CLUE MYSTERY NIGHT 5:30pm & 7:00pm
- October 28 (THU) - FOR KING & COUNTRY Concert (Greensboro) 6:00-9:30pm
- October 31 (SUN) - NO SUNDAY NIGHT RIDGE
- November 7 (SUN) - Confirmation Parent and Mentors Orientation, 10:00am Picnic Shelter
- November 14 (SUN) - Student Leadership Meeting, 12:15pm Youth Rm
- November 19-21 (FRI-SUN) - FALL RETREAT (Location TBD)
- November 28 (SUN) - NO CONFIRMATION CLASS
- December 8, 15, and 22 (WED) - WRAPPING FUNDRAISER
- December 19 (SUN) - YOUTH CHRISTMAS PARTIES (Locations TBD)
- December 26 - Jan 2 (SUN) - NO CONFIRMATION OR SUN NIGHT RIDGE
- January 21-23 (FRI-SUN) - WINTER RETREAT
Sat Oct 16 - GOD LOVES GUILFORD & Youth Day of Service!
Projects 9a.m.-12:00p.m. || Festival 4:00p.m.-7:00p.m.
Such a great opportunity for our group and the community! We can still use help, please see all info at link below:
Oct 24 - CLUE MYSTERY NIGHT
Middle School 5:30p.m.-7:00p.m. | | High School 7:00p.m.-8:30p.m.
Fun Theme-Night for Sun Night Ridge! Student Leadership is planning a super fun evening that'll put your problem-solving skills to the test! Each grade will be asked to come dressed in similar colors (or even a fun costume) as you compete across our property to catch "who done it?"
OCT 28 - FOR KING AND COUNTRY In Concert (Greensboro)
Leave Church 6:00p.m., Return 9:30p.m.
Ridiculously talented musicians with songs written full of biblical truth, For King and Country flat out brings it. Even more so in their concerts! It's definitely something you'll never forget. Tickets are limited, use the button below to register a.s.a.p.!
If you missed these pics...
Reminisce about our awesome summer below...!
Media and Online Content
Important Parent Info
We're interested in connecting every student possible with a personal level of adult faith mentorship. We've begun bringing some pockets of students together with young adults that can meet on a regular basis (once 2-4 weeks) to build on the maturing work we aim for in our weekly programs. Others we've gotten plugged into deeper discussion-based meetings such as Bible Study or Breakfast Club. We're calling all of these efforts "Fireside Groups": the purpose being intentional relationships and a willingness to read scripture together, helping each other apply it to their lives. If your child/teen is ready to take their faith growth to a new level, let's talk!!