- John Calvin Stevens design, constructed 1871
- Square footage: 4,632
- Lot size: .055 acres
- Floors: 4, including finished basement
- Guest rooms: 6
- Bathrooms: 6 [5 en suite, all renovated since 2012 including granite countertops and newly tiled showers]
- 12’ ceilings with impeccably maintained original plaster anthemia medallions and other ornate plasterwork in Dining and Sitting rooms; original, exceptionally well-maintained hardwood flooring in all common areas and three guest rooms
- Elegant 2017 interior design of principal common areas, including restoration-quality painted Dining and Sitting rooms and main entry hallway and staircase; custom-designed bordered/wool hallway and stair runners; handmade Miles & May dining table and bench; FLOS Glo-ball pendant light; striking mantelpiece vintage lamps; finest quality wool area rugs
- Abundant natural light from multiple high windows throughout all common areas, including central bay window in Dining room; custom Hunter Douglas window treatments
- Gas fireplace in Sitting room [lined chimney]
- Public water/sewer
- Paved driveway accommodates 2+ cars; and on street parking
- Rear patio and deck accommodates table, chairs, grill, planters
- Exterior: brick
- Roof: original slate and rubber membrane on flat roof [most recent maintenance, 2018]
- Flooring: hardwood, laminate, carpet
- Heating: steam
- Water heater: Winter – via central steam heating system. Summer – via new gas heater
- Zoning: R6 residential
- Fully sprinklered; fire alarms on all floors; Central Link automated communication smoke/fire alert system [installed 2017]; newly installed smoke detectors ; battery carbon monoxide detectors
- Taxes: 2018 - $14,830.26
Lovely ‘garden apartment’-style owners’ quarters with private entrance; separate living, dining and sleeping areas; exposed brick, slate-colored poured concrete floors, custom-built table; bathroom with shower, granite vanity and custom shelving; ample storage space. Wall-mounted mini-split system and Kubix air exchanger maintain high air quality and temperature/moisture control through all seasons. Sound-proofed ceilings minimize sound and increase privacy. Custom window treatments.
Private kitchen with excellent natural light and fully equipped with commercial refrigerator, gas stove, griddle, dishwasher, etc.
area location, access and visibility
The Inn proudly sits within one of Portland’s most prestigious residential neighborhood renowned for its brick-lined avenues, historic architecture and refined character. Just two blocks from the Inn, the graceful Western Promenade boasts Olmsted-designed walkways and grand western views across Maine to the White Mountains of New Hampshire and beyond.
Portland is situated right between Boston and Maine's mid-coast town of Camden. Portland is nationally and internationally recognized as one of America’s top destination cities for superior food, hospitality and recreation. It's really an exciting time to be in this town and experience its growth.