We have an idea here at good ole MBJH! It seems that the quarantine has encouraged a lot of you to get out and walk, run, or bike more than usual. We have long been an active community and a lot of our students participate in activities; however, the current shelter-in-place has led us to take up even more exercise.
Since we are quarantined with permission to exercise while employing social distancing measures, let's have our own MBJH Socially Distanced Choose-A-Race!
Here's how it works:
- Choose a day - April 17, 18, 19, 20, and/or 21
- Choose a distance - 1 mile, 5K, 10K, 4.487 miles, 12.842 miles, more, less ... whatever you want! Any amount is acceptable! You can even add your totals up over multiple days if you want!
- Choose a mode - walk, run, or bike
- Choose a location - indoor treadmill, outdoor sidewalk/trail/path, or anywhere safe and socially distanced
- Reminder: we are still social distancing and must keep it that way for the health of everyone. Make sure you follow the guidelines of remaining at least 6 feet apart, wear a mask and/or gloves if your parents recommend, and social distance the right way!
- This is a quick turnaround as the "event" starts this weekend. Normally people train for events like this, but this is not the norm. Just do whatever you feel comfortable doing. No pressure.
- Once you have finished your chosen race, take a photo of yourself holding a sign that tells us your distance! You can even dedicate your race to healthcare workers, those with compromised immune systems, or others affected by the current pandemic (examples below).
- Click on this link to upload your photo. Be sure you are logged into your MBJH Student Gmail Account and upload by Wednesday, April 22!
Created with an image by Arek Adeoye - "Lady running in a park in London"