Understanding the spatial Patterns of diamonds.
There are three main components that underpin the spatial patterns and trade network of diamonds at a global scale:
1. Extracting: physically mining for diamonds
2. Processing: This involves the cleaning and publishing of diamonds and judging the quality of diamonds
3. Dealing / Production: This involves the selling of diamonds
Consequences of the distribution and consumption of diamonds
Read through the articles below:
How does the distribution and consumption of diamonds impact diamond producing countries in Africa?
Key facts and concepts to also consider
- The size of the diamond industry in 2014 was $84.4 billion dollars and it employees approximately 10 million people
- The relationship between child labour and and diamond extraction in Africa
- The relationship between demand and supply of diamonds