Have a staff member you want to say thank you to, but you're not sure what to get them? Check out the Staff All About Me. This document tells you everything from favorite color to their coffee order.
SES Staff gifts can be dropped off in the Door 1 vestibule 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. on school days.
Bus Driver Gifts: PTO Board Member Mandy Carmin has arranged a collection and drop off of gifts for the SES Bus Drivers. If you have a gift you would like to give your child(ren)'s bus driver, you can do so now through next Thursday, December 17 in the designated box of the SES Door 1 vestibule from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. on school days. Items will be delivered on Friday, December 18 to the Transportation Department for distribution to the drivers. Please label all gifts/envelopes with your bus driver's name/bus number.
The PTO is proud to help Teacher Librarian Mrs. Robinson in this important work.
From Mrs. Robinson:
Hello Explorer Families,
Although this year is playing out a little differently than we all hoped, the Southeastern staff is still working hard to continue to build resources for staff and students that support our Southeastern Educational beliefs. It has been amazing to hear about the class conversations and inquiries that are encouraging our students in their learning journeys!
At Southeastern Elementary, we believe children have a desire to interact with challenging questions and inquiries of real importance to themselves, to their community and to the world. Please consider supporting these inquiries and conversations by purchasing a book from this list to add to the library collection for students and staff. This wish list was collaboratively built with our students and community at the heart of it.
Thank you for considering supporting this important work.
Pottery Pick-up - At UPaint Pottery
Because of the change to stay 100% virtual learning, pickup of final projects will now be at UPaint Pottery at Hamilton Town Center (13901 Town Center Blvd #200, Noblesville, IN 46060). Pottery may be picked up during normal business hours. Store hours are Sunday 12:00 PM-5:00 PM, Monday-Thursday 11:00 AM-8:00 PM, Friday 11:00 AM-9:00 PM and Saturday 10:00 AM-8:00 PM.
Holiday Light Recycling
This Holiday Season, HSE is asking you to give a gift to the Earth by making the choice to be more sustainable. HSE Schools will be hosting a district wide Holiday Light Recycling Program. SES will be collecting old, broken, tangled, or unwanted holiday lights. Technology Recyclers will take these unwanted/unusable lights and break them down into useable components that will be used to make new products. This prevents hundreds of pounds of e-waste from entering landfills and polluting the Earth.
Lights can be dropped off in the box at Door 1 until December 18.
Why Should People Recycle Old Holiday Lights?
- Holiday Lights are not biodegradable and will spend hundreds of years in a landfill if thrown away.
- Holiday lights are known to get into waterways and oceans. This can lead to animals becoming entangled and dying.
- New ENERGY STAR LED holiday lights are up to 75% more energy efficient than incandescent bulbs.
- LED holiday lights are not as fragile as the thin glass of incandescent bulbs.
- According to the National Fire Protection Association, switching to LED holiday lights reduces the chance of Christmas tree fires.
- LED bulbs offer more colors and features while reducing the energy consumed.
- LED holiday lights have a longer lifespan than incandescent bulbs, offering on average 25% longer life.
- Holiday lights are made from copper, glass, and plastic—valuable materials that can actually be recycled, reclaimed, and turned into new products helping preserve our environment!
PTO Angel Fund
In the fall of 2019, the PTO Executive Board, working closely with Mrs. Chastain, Mrs. Monkul and Mrs. Smith, determined it would be beneficial to create an Angel Fund to support those Southeastern students whose families may be going through a difficult time and are in need or may be financially less fortunate. The PTO views the Angel Fund as an extension of our dedicated efforts to assist Southeastern families who might not be able to fully afford the expenses of the wonderful activities and events our school has to offer.
- Thu., Dec. 17 - Bus Driver Gift Collection Ends
- Fri., Dec 18 - Last Day before Winter Break
- Fri., Jan. 8 - Virtual Explorer Day
- Thu., Jan. 14, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Fri., Feb. 5 - Explorer Day
- Thu., Feb. 11, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Fri., Mar. 5 - Explorer Day
- Thu., Mar. 11, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Thu., Apr. 1 - Explorer Day
- Thu., Apr. 15, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Fri., May 7 - Explorer Day
- Thu., May 13, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
The PTO is working with district guidelines to plan for the 2020-21 school year. We hope to announce additional items soon.
Created with images by Larisa-K - "winter snow forest" • Julian Hanslmaier - "Federleicht"