You will receive an email from us each Friday afternoon/evening that will provide you with the latest information/news regarding MIS. Please find below the first MIS News for the 2018-19 school year.
1. Golden Girls Dance Information
2. Jr. Blue Fusion Dance Information
1. New School Dismissal Manager:
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are currently building our rosters for the 2018 - 2019 school year. You will be receiving a welcome email from School Dismissal Manager by the end of next week. Please click on the link in the email to set up your account for this year. We will begin using School Dismissal Manager beginning Monday, August 6th. Please call the office August 1st through August 3rd, if you need to change your student's transportation at the end of the day. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
2. New New Daily Schedule:
As many of you are aware, we had followed the same master schedule at MIS for the past several years. This meant that Related Arts times and lunch schedules had been consistent during this timeframe. Last spring, Dr. Olin, Superintendent, asked that GIS and MIS get back to using the same master schedule and to have uninterrupted class times. In the past, we would have a class split by lunch or recess. Due to the changes mentioned above, this will not occur this year. One of the major changes with this impacting parents is that lunch times will vary based on a blue or gold day. This impacts those of you that visit school for lunch, and we don't want you to have to sit around and wait due to having a wrong time.
Please note the following times for lunch:
Blue Day (Related Arts) Gold Day (Non-Related Arts Day)
4th Grade: 10:25-10:55 11:05-11:45
5th Grade: 11:10-11:40 10:30-11:00
6th Grade: 12:10-12:40 11:55-12:25
3. New Computer Science vs. Computer Applications
Several of you over the past two nights (5th/6th Grade Open House) have inquired as to why there are two computer classes on your child's schedule this year. The computer applications course is what we have offered in the past with Mrs. Fletcher. It is a course where we further their knowledge and usage of programs such as Google Sheets, Docs and Forms. These are programs that we use to make a task easier or more efficient. On the other hand, computer science is a new course that will be taught by Ms. Stewart. It will focus more on coding and robotics over the course of the three years (grades 4-6).
4. Maxwell Drop off - doors open at 7:35am/Pick up - 2:10 Dismissal Information:
Again this year, you will enter the drive west of the football field off of 500 North. The drop off point will be located at the northeast doors (Gym). You will loop around and exit onto 500 North. If it is a possibility, we would encourage as many of you to head west on 500 North to eliminate some of the congestion on State Road 9. In addition, the drive on the far north of our property is for bus traffic only. There should be no parent traffic on this drive.
5. Textbook Fees
2018-19 school year (Amount listed below INCLUDES Consumable FEE)
4th - $112.00
5th - $122.44
6th - $121.73
- Textbook Rental: We would like to remind you that book rental payment is due no later than the first day of school. If you are on deferred payment, then the due date will be September 15th this year. At this time, we are not able to take online payment; therefore, we will have staff available to collect payment (cash or check) during open house should you like to take advantage of this opportunity. Otherwise, please send with your child on the first day of school.
6. Open House: 4th Grade: 6:30-7:30pm Monday, July 30th
7. Volunteer Forms -
- Once you are on the above page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
- If you plan to attend a field trip at any time during the year or volunteer in your child's classroom, we would encourage you to complete this as soon as possible. If you have not completed and passed this background check, you will not be able to participate in these events. It is at no cost to you so if you even remotely believe you might like to help out, please do this now. There is nothing worse than telling you in May that you cannot go on a trip with your child because this process has not been completed. Again, please take care of this now.
8. 2018-19 Corporation School Calendar
9. 2018-19 MIS Parent Event Calendar https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=students.gcsc.k12.in.us_uoqqb9rge2sh7nkbamntfjpit4%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York
The link above will allow you to view our most up-to-date calendar. It will update as changes/additions are made throughout the year.
10. Keeping up with the latest at MIS:
- MIS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Maxwell-Intermediate-School-1629450274010778/
- MIS Event Calendar: This will be updated throughout the year.
- MIS Website: http://mis.gcsc.k12.in.us (The "Team Pages" Link for latest homework, etc)
- MIS Lunch Menu: http://mis.gcsc.k12.in.us/?page_id=57
- MIS PTO Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Maxwell.Intermediate.PTO.gcsc.in.us
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
- MIS Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/maxwell_intermediate_school/
Mrs. Greulich: @MIS_AsstPrin
Mr. Gilman: @MrGilman_MIS
Mrs. Hall: @mrs__hall_
Mrs. Heller: @klh181967
Mrs. Herron: @MrsHerronMIS
Mrs. Tilley: @ajdctilley
Mr. Berrier: @BerrierScott
Mrs. Wayne: @wayne5th
Mrs. Blasdel: @Mrs_Blasdel
Mr. Cooper: @hangwithcooper6
Mrs. Glant: @MrsGlant
Mrs. Proper: @kristine_proper
Miss Strifler: @MissStriflerMIS
Mrs. Reynolds: @GCSCArtTeach
Mrs. Fletcher: @FletchComputers
Mrs. Beuoy: @MrsBeuoy
Mrs. Leliaert: (MIS Math Coach): @lleliaert
July 30th: 4th Grade Open House - 6:30-7:30pm
August 1st: First Student Day (Blue Day - Related Arts)
August 16th: Picture Day
August 20th: PTO Fundraiser Kick-Off
August 31st: PTO Fundraiser Fun Run
September 10th-14th: Fall Book Fair