Intro to Visual Basic Programming (CIS180)
Learn how to create Windows 10 applications starting week 1!
Introduction to Visual Basic Windows Programming is an introductory course that is designed for students and professionals with little or no programming experience. Students will learn Visual Basic .Net Windows programming language, and how to put together a complete Visual Basic Windows 10 Application. Topics such as Windows programming standards and conventions, database programming, array processing, controls, properties, methods and events will be discussed.
Create Apps Starting Week 1
- No Textbook Required
- FREE Software
- Learn to create Windows & Web Apps
Job Outlook: Software Developers
- Medium Pay $105,590 per year, $50.77 per hour
- Entry Level Education Associate's/Bachelors degree
- Number of Jobs 2018 1,365,500
- Job Outlook 2018-2028 21% faster than national average
Software Developers generally do the following:
- Analyze users’ needs and then design, test, and develop software to meet those needs
- Recommend software upgrades for customers’ existing programs and systems
- Design each piece of an application or system and plan how the pieces will work together
- Create a variety of models and diagrams (such as flowcharts) that show programmers the software code needed for an application
- Ensure that a program continues to function normally through software maintenance and testing
- Document every aspect of an application or system as a reference for future maintenance and upgrades
- Collaborate with other computer specialists to create optimum software
What Software Developers Do?
Employment of software developers is projected to grow 21 percent from 2018 to 2028, much faster than the average for all occupations. Employment of applications developers is projected to grow 26 percent, and employment of systems developers is projected to grow 10 percent. The main reason for the growth in both applications developers and systems developers is a large increase in the demand for computer software.
The need for new applications on smart phones and tablets will help increase the demand for applications software developers.
The health and medical insurance and reinsurance carriers industry will need innovative software to manage new healthcare policy enrollments and administer existing policies digitally. As the number of people who use this digital platform increases over time, demand for software developers will grow.
Systems developers are likely to see new opportunities because of an increase in the number of products that use software. For example, more computer systems are being built into consumer electronics and other products, such as cell phones and appliances.
Concerns over threats to computer security could result in more investment in security software to protect computer networks and electronic infrastructure. In addition, an increase in software offered over the Internet should lower costs and allow more customization for businesses, also increasing demand for software developers.
Source: Bureau of Labor and Statistics
- Step by Step assignments
- Weekly discussions
- Create app of your choice
- Share app with others
Register Today! What will you create?
Created with an image by Kelly Sikkema - "Woman sitting at a desk in front of coding computer screen"