How can your child benefit from our program?
We are a first in South Africa and what makes our classes unique, is that we have combined five streams of learning into one fun, engaging activity
- STEAM is creative and adaptable, making it accessible to children of all levels of ability. Even within one team, various ability levels can work together and learn together.
- The teaching methods are inquiry-based, process-focused, and student-centered.
- Lessons incorporate interest led investigations that provide students with ownership over their learning.
- Teamwork, collaboration and communication is a major focus.
- Students have the freedom to thinking critically, creatively and to be innovative.
- Opportunities are provided for students to fail and try again in a safe environment.
- The value of failure as a learning opportunity is emphasized and mistakes are embraced not penalized.
- STEAM embraces the 4 C’s identified as key 21st century skills – Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, and Communication.
STEAM lessons are an excellent way of reducing classroom anxiety and stress. Once you understand STEAM programs, how they work, and have seen the benefits they provide, it is easy to see why all children can benefit from a STEAM program in the early years.
Not a fan of the mess? Messy play is extremely important for a child's development. It provides children with an exciting tactile and sensory experience that inspires their curiosity, allows them to explore the world around them and enhances their learning, language and creativity. Best part? We do all the cleaning up for you!
We are proud to host our classes at some of Gauteng's most sought after play venues. We also offer classes to schools and in the comfort of your own home.
What you need to know
- We cater for 2-12 year olds and instruction is provided in both English and Afrikaans.
- Classes for the 2-6yr olds vary between 45-60 minutes. We encourage parents/guardians of 2-3yr olds to remain present during the duration of the class.
- Classes for the 7-12yr olds vary between 60-90 minutes depending on the nature of the project.
- Classes at our venues are R130 per child and includes venue entrance and all day play. The exception is The Kids Gym which is R125 for members and R150 for non-members including 2hrs at PlayZone.
- Schools qualify for preferential rates and class duration may be adjusted according to the school schedule. We offer in-school and after school options. Please contact us for more information.
- Introduce our program to your school and get a free term for your child once classes start.
- Get 10% off your monthly payment when enrolling 2 or more siblings for a term.
Our branches include:
- Doringkloof, Stimustation: Every second Wednesday of the month. Ages 2-6, 13h15. Ages 7-12, 14h30.
- Elarduspark Elarduspark Tutor Centre: Every second and fourth Tuesday of the month. Ages 7-12, 12h30-13h30.
- Midstream, Hyto Tyto: Every first and third Friday of the month. Ages 2-6, 13h15. Ages 7-12, 14h30.
- Montana, Little Jungle Indoor Playground: Every last Wednesday of the month. Ages 2-6, 11h00. Ages 7-12, 14h30.
- Moreletapark, GoPlay: Every first Thursday of the month. Ages 2-6, 10h00. Ages 7-12, 12h30 or 14h30.
- Rooihuiskraal, Playtown: Every second and last Thursday of the month. Ages 2-6, 13h15. Ages 7-12, 14h30. Morning sessions are on the third Wednesday of the month. Ages 2-6, 10h00. Ages 7-12, 11h30.
- Fourways, The Kids Gym: Every second Wednesday of the month. Ages 2-6, 14h15. Ages 7-12, 15h30.
- Kemptonpark, Nkanga Lodge: Every last Friday of the month. Ages 7-12, 14h30.
- Midrand, The Herb Farm: Every third Wednesday of the month. Ages 2-6, 13h15. Ages 7-12, 14h30.
Don't see a class in your area? Contact us and we'll see what we can do about opening a branch in your area.
We are proud to be an official partner in the 'PNA colour your world' and 'Wimpy Engen festive adventures' campaigns
Spend R300 or more at any PNA store during September to November and claim your reward. Many prizes up for grabs, including a month's worth of Create Kids classes!
If you’re out on the road over the Festive season, stop at any Engen and claim your Family Adventure Rewards when you spend R200 or more at Wimpy. Select Create Kids under the 'Kids Activities' option and win a free STEAM class at a venue of your choice. The class includes entrance to the venue and all day play.