Before we get too far, lets talk about
I started shooting predominately boudoir because I truly love seeing what it can do for my clients. I love being part of the journey of others being able to see themselves in a new light. Seeing my clients boost in confidence, and seeing them embrace a new side of themselves (beyond just the photoshoot) is the most rewarding thing I can accomplish as a photographer.
I believe there is just too much pressure on everyone to feel and look like someone else's definition of "perfect". A boudoir photoshoot helps you find your definition of perfect, and it allows you to be you. And you, my dear, are perfect!
"What if I'm not as skinny as I used to be?"
Everyone has an ideal number they wish they saw on the scale, but that silly numbers shouldn't be a deciding factor when it comes to boudoir. Boudoir isn't about being in the best shape of your life, yeah it is great if you are, but it's okay if you aren't. Boudoir is about celebrating you, the way you are. Who cares what that jerk face scale has to say!
But if that is still on your mind, rest assured, as a photographer I have all sorts of posing and lighting tricks that can help anyones insecure areas become areas they love. You can pose in ways to make your legs look longer, or thinner, or shorter, or thicker. We can do the same thing for your booty, arms, tummy, and even the ta-tas. You can absolutely love what you look like, and you can still rock the photoshoot.
"Do I have to be naked? Can I get naked? How much clothing is too much/too little?"
The best way to say it is simply this, the most important part of a boudoir experience is your comfort level. What makes you feel good about yourself, what parts of your body do you want to share with whomever you plan on sharing these images with? Then go from there. There are no set rules of how little or how much clothing must be worn during your boudoir experience. You can choose to be photographed topless and the images will still be classy and sophisticated. You can choose to stay fully clothed and still get images that are sultry and sexy. It is about making you feel confident and empowered, not uncomfortable. So long story short, you can be as exposed as you want, you can make it a game time decision, or have your mind made up before the experience. Your decision on wardrobe is yours alone. I am happy to provide advice and ideas, but it is always up to you!
- Something that fits your look: If you are looking for soft images avoid leather, if your wanting to go full badass I would maybe stay away from flowing chiffon.
- Be comfortable: Practice sitting down, laying down, standing, and a range of poses in the pieces you are considering. We don't often think about how an outfit will look once we start moving around. Does it cut in at the wrong places, does it smush your boobs down, does it flatten your booty? Knowing this will help you either avoid certain outfits or it will help with posing if it is an outfit you love. If you aren't comfortable in the outfit, you won't be as confident during the shoot, and it will show.
- Bring Something Personal: Some great examples are, a jersey of a favorite sports team, jewelry from your wedding (or upcoming wedding), an old work shirt, a favorite t-shirt to lay around in, a uniform. Just something that is personal to you and will showcase a different side of an everyday object.
- Don't Mix Reds: If you know you want a bold red lip, don't also choose a shade of red outfit, they won't match.
- Don't Forget the Accessories: Heels, earrings, necklaces, robes, a veil, headband, favorite piece of jewelry, tights, etc. The addition of little pieces like this can transform an outfit from good to amazing. We can always tone it down throughout the shoot, or amp it up depending. Never be worried about bringing too much to your shoot. You would rather have it, than wish you had it later!
All Inclusive Packages
All packages include full hair & make-up, wardrobe planning, access to my client closet, & a shoot as long as needed to fit your package.
Confidence Collection: 5x5 Boxed Classic Album with 10-15 images, 5 bonus High Resolution Image Downloads, & a $75 product credit for $575
Empowerment Collection: 8x8 Boxed Deluxe Album with 10-15 images, 5 bonus High Resolution Digital Downloads, & a $150 product credit for $699
Liberation Collection: 10x10 Boxed Deluxe Album with 15-20 images, 10 bonus High Resolution Digital Downloads, & a $175 product credit for $975
Opulence Collection: 10x10 Imported Luxury Album with 20-25 images, Full Digital Download Gallery, 8x12 Acrylic Print, & a $500 product credit for $2500
High Resolution Digital Downloads Packages with Full Printing Rights
- Pack of 10: $250
- Pack of 15: $350
- Pack of 25: $550
- Full Gallery $1000
All albums are flat lay with thick pages, and your option of custom cover. Albums are available in a range of sizes including square from 5x5 up to 12x12 and rectangle from 8x10 to 12x16.
- Classic Album: Pricing ranges from $95 to $190
- Deluxe Album: Pricing ranges from $165 to $496
- Imported Luxury Album: Pricing ranges from $300 to $850
- Personalized Cover: $50
- Crystal Cover (Luxury Only): $100
- Vivid or Matte Metal Wall Art: Starting at $50
- Stand Alone Prints: Starting at $60
- Canvas, Multi Unit Wall Art, Custome Framing, Gloss Acrylics Pricing Upon Request
- Custom Flash Drive of Digital Prints: $50
- Custom Calendar: $75
- Playing Cards with Favorite Image: $40
Still on the Fence? Visit the 7 Reasons to Book a Boudoir Shoot
#7 You Are Gorgeous
It makes me sad when I hear people say, I would love to do a Boudoir photoshoot but I don't love the way I look. First of all, you are stunning. Let me say that one more time, you are stunning!! Everyone, and I mean everyone, has aspects of their body they don't "love", and that's okay. Boudoir is one way to help you fall in love with all of those bits and pieces again. So often I here from clients during the photoshoot (when I show them the back of my camera) "wow, that's what I really look like". And their "wow" isn't a, eww yikes kind of "wow" but an honest to goodness shock of how gorgeous they are. So if you are thinking you're not "model" enough for boudoir, trust me when I say you are gorgeous and it would be my honor to show you just how stunning you are!
Images by TaraLyn Photography LLC