Happy New Year to all of my lovely clients! I can’t believe the holidays have come and gone again and we find ourselves starting 2017 together. The past two months flew by and I found myself on a few great little trips in November and December that I wanted to highlight. I count my blessings every day for serving in this wonderful hospitality industry.
In November, we found ourselves taking a little Thanksgiving getaway weekend to the gorgeous central coast of California to Pismo Beach at the Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa. This property is as charming as it looks in pictures and is located on a cliff that overlooks the most breathtaking views in California. We took the train from San Diego to Grover Beach Station which is 6 ½ scenic hours up the coast. Grover Beach is only 10 minutes from the resort.
Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa
- 60 lovely and spacious guestrooms
- Located in San Louis Obispo County – in the heart of wine country and lush ocean landscapes
- 3-hour drive from LAX, 15 minutes from San Luis Obispo, 80 minutes from Santa Barbara – great central SoCal/NorCal drive-in location
- Perfect for buyouts, incentive groups, small board meetings of 20-25 people
- Outdoor space with “to die for” views – up to 300 people
- Lido Restaurant – farm to table, AMAZING cuisine since I enjoyed one of the best steak salads I’ve EVER had , can do private events here and also private dining room
- Activities in the area – Paso Robles/San Luis Obispo wine tasting, Chamisal (Dolphin Bay Resort & Spa owned winery where free tastings are offered), golf, kayaking, ATV riding on the beach, biking, charming shops/restaurants within walking distance, Hearst Castle is a short drive away, Oceano Dunes, and Tide Pools
- La Bonne Vie Spa – we spent some time in their Infrared Sauna which enhanced our mood and really helped us relax