Welcome to the website of the Smith Elementary PTO! We're so glad you're here.
We are a volunteer organization that works to support the education of students enrolled at Marvin B. Smith Elementary and to involve parents, guardians, caregivers, teachers, and staff in enhancing the educational experience of students and teachers.
Pretty much everything this school year is different. But one thing remains the same: the PTO will be doing all we can to help the students, teachers, and staff of our school.
Virtual Scholastic Book Fair!
You’re invited to shop our Scholastic Book Fair online from May 17-21! All purchases benefit our school and connect kids with new books, favorite characters, complete series, and more. It’s a great opportunity to build your summer library.
You’ll love the NEW option to shop for Book Fair exclusives directly from the interactive booklist and enjoy these special online shopping features:
- Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
- All orders ship direct to home. FREE shipping available for book-only orders over $25 after any discounts are applied.
- Scholastic E-gift cards are now available. Consider gifting one to your child’s teacher.
- All purchases support our school’s library and technology.
- Use the code ‘SHARE10’ to receive 10% off your first order. Some restrictions apply.
Become a Seabee Earth Protector!
In celebration of Earth Day, the PTO Sustainability Committee created a challenge for students, in which they learned about reducing waste! All students who completed the challenge became a Seabee Earth Protector and won a special pin to show the world how much they care about our planet.
Check out the awesome upcycle projects that students completed on the Earth Day Challenge website! Thanks to everyone who participated!
JOIN THE PTO!
Fill out our annual membership form today! Our goal is to have ALL our students' parents, guardians (and grandparents and family friends!) join.
Remember that membership is ANNUAL, so even if you joined last year please sign up again!
Membership dues are just $5 per person (it's an important fundraising activity for us, so thank you!). And you can join online this year, and pay your dues via credit card.
Help Us Stock the Lounge!
Stock the Lounge is new PTO initiative, which provides a monthly, motivating treat the amazing staff at our school. In keeping with Covid policies, treats will be professionally made and individually wrapped. The PTO is soliciting product donations from companies while we are virtual, as well as accepting monetary donations to purchase treats from local vendors.
If you would like to make a tax deductible contribution to Stock the Lounge, please donate through the button below! If you have questions or would like to help solicit product donations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our PTO makes a big difference in our school!
We support our teachers and staff
- The PTO gives teachers money at the beginning of the school year to buy classroom supplies.
- We host an annual back-to-school breakfast and end of year luncheons for teachers and staff.
- We organize monthly "duty-free lunches" where PTO volunteers manage the cafeteria so teachers can take a break.
- We donate lunch items for the "Mid-Month Motivator" for teachers and staff.
- We provide treats and kudos during Teacher Appreciation Week!
- We recruit and organize classroom "room parents."
We enrich the educational experience of Smith students
- The PTO organizes Science and Tech day, where invited speakers give engaging presentations and bring lots of interesting critters to school!
- Global Education Week happens each spring, with a countries parade and presentations to introduce students to different cultures.
- We work to provide extra funding for the "Specials Departments": music, media, art, and PE.
- We provide scholarships for the 5th grade Sound to Sea field trip.
Last year, we raised over $17,500 to support PTO initiatives. Our most recent fundraisers include:
- Scholastic Book Fair, which raises money the school's library and technology.
- We sell Attractions Books, which contain coupons for local businesses.
- We sell frozen chicken pot pies and spaghetti dinners from Mrs. Pumpkins, a Piedmont-Triad business.
- Monthly "dine-out nights" at local restaurants provide us a portion of their profits!
- Your $5 membership dues also go to support PTO activities.
- The PTO creates and sells the school's yearbook.
- We sell class t-shirts for field trips and events, as well as other spiritwear.
Help the PTO make some "free money"!!
There are several easy ways you can help raise money for Smith when you shop. It's often pennies with each purchase, but all together it adds up to a lot for our school each year!
Link your Harris Teeter VIC card to our school's account (#2520) and Smith will receive a percentage of each purchase. You have to re-link each school year! Stop by customer service or link your VIC card online.
Sign up online for the Lowes Cart to Class program and they will donate a portion of your purchases to our school. If you'd like to sign up in person, just stop by customer service!
Start your Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com and choose "Marvin B. Smith Elementary PTO" as your charity. They will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the PTO. Remember to start at smile.amazon.com every time you shop! More info.
When you shop at Office Depot, tell the cashier that you'd like to give back to Marvin B. Smith Elementary School. They'll donate 5% of the price of your eligible purchases. More info.
Box Tops have gone digital! No more clipping -- just download their easy app and scan your receipts. No matter where you shop, you can raise money for Smith when you buy participating products.
If you have questions about any of these programs, just email us at PTORewards@gmail.com.