The University of Dallas track and field team comprised of young and old talent paved the way for a solid season. Kevin McGuirk and Anna Wilgenbusch both set school records. Three Crusaders medaled at this year's Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) Championships.
This year's roster was comprised of 13 men and 12 women. With a new and young team, 5th-year head coach Matt Barber was flexible putting each competitor in a position to be successful facing tough competitors all spring.
- Anna Wilgenbusch captured a Silver Medal in the 10,000 Meter Race at the conference championships after finishing with a mark of 41:34.27 in her first ever run in the event. Full Story
- Hannah Green notched an All-Conference award with a bronze finish in pole vault. Green jumped 3.02 meters to secure the third-place finish. Full Story.
- Clare Hernandez won the 3000 meter Steeplechase at the Dan Veach Invitational with a time of 13:00.37. Full Story.
- Wilgenbusch Sets School Record in 5000 meter run at East Texas Invitational (18:54.61). Full Story.
- Several other athletes set new Personal Records (PR) throughout the season.
- Kevin McGuirk brings home gold medal in 400 meters hurdles race; Sets school record in 5th straight meet. Full Story.
- McGuirk secures third place finish in Javelin throw to secure first medal of 2019 SCAC Championships for UD. Full Story.
- Tomas DePetris shaved off eight seconds and set a Personal Record (PR) in the 800 meters race finishing seventh with a time of 2:03.83 at TLU D3 Challenge. Full Story.
- Many other athletes set PR throughout the season as the team saw improvement all season long.
- The men's team was comprised of 12 dual sport athletes (8 men and 4 women).
- Dallas participated in six events this spring.
- McGuirk finished ranked seventh in the South/SE Region in the 400 Meters Hurdles with a time of 54.84 and the new school record. His record mark was also the fastest time in the SCAC all spring.