This is a very helpful and information-giving E-Safety website that will hopefully help you to understand about being safe online. This includes information, images, subtitles and a lot more to explain about keeping secure whilst on the world wide web.
6 Rules to keep safe and secure
- Don't post any personal information online - like your address, e-mail address, mobile number or passwords.
- Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Would you like your parents to see them? Once you've put a picture online, most people can download it, so it won't just belong to you anymore.
- Keep your privacy settings away from people you don't really know. If you can, put your account on private.
- If you get hacked, or your account unexpectedly gets logged out, report it immediately to someone you can trust (e.g. your parents, carers, teachers or close friends
- Never accept to be friends with anyone you don't know. If they text you, they will ask personal questions that you shouldn't answer. If they ask you for your age and you tell them, they will pretend to be that age too. They will also act out as one of your closest friends.