MONDAY, SEPT 20
- ASB APPLICATIONS are available in Student Services, due by 9/30
- STUDENT FAITH & FELLOWSHIP (SFF) CLUB with Mr. Aiken, 2:50-3:50P, N106 - See details under "Clubs & Activities"
- CROSS COUNTRY, all graders, 3:00-4:00P, (M-TH) *Friday practices at 7:00-8:00A
- FOOTBALL, 7th & 8th graders, 3:00-5:00P, Football Field (M-F)
- SOFTBALL, 7th & 8th grade girls, team selection, 3:00-5:00P, Softball Field (M-TH) *Friday practices at 1:30-3:30P
TUESDAY, SEPT 21
- GAME CLUB with Mr. Adkison, 2:50-3:50P, N208 - See details under "Clubs & Activities"
- See Fall Sports practice times listed under Monday and Friday
- Students dismissed at 2:45P
WEDNESDAY, SEPT 22
- First day of Fall! Make it a great day Hawks!
- DRAWING CLUB with Miss Graeber , 2:50-3:50P, W102 -See details under "Clubs & Activities"
- MINECRAFT CLUB with Mr. Hickox, 2:50 -3:50P, W202 -See details under "Clubs & Activities"
- Students dismissed at 2:45P
THURSDAY, SEPT 23
- RESCHEDULED!! PICTURE DAY - NOW SCHEDULED FOR OCT. 4
- CHESS CLUB with Mr. Aiken, 2:50-3:50P, N106, See details under "Clubs & Activities"
- QSA CLUB with Ms. Pearlman, 2:50-3:50P, N202, See details under "Clubs & Activities"
- Students dismissed at 2:45P
FRIDAY, SEPT 24
- 1:30P Dismissal - LIT Day (Learning Improvement Time) MSD Student Calendar
- Cross Country, 7:00-8:00A
- Softball, 1:30-3:30P
- FOOTBALL JAMBOREE (OV, EX, VO, SW) @HP, 3:45P
LOOKING AHEAD - Dates for your calendar!
- Thursday, Sept. 23 - RESCHEDULED! PICTURE DAY - Now on 10/4
- Tuesday, Sept. 28 - VIRTUAL CURRICULUM NIGHT - Details to come!
- Thursday, Sept. 30 - ASB Applications, DUE to Student Services
- Thursday, Sept. 30 - HPMS SPIRIT WEAR - Deadline for online orders
- Monday, Oct. 4 - MAKE -UP PICTURE DAY
- Monday, Oct. 4 - XC & FOOTBALL TEAM PHOTOS
- Monday, Oct. 11 - ALL SCHOOL FUNDRAISER - Stay tuned!
- Monday, Oct. 12 - SOFTBALL TEAM PHOTO
- Thursday, Nov. 11 - NO SCHOOL - Veterans Day
Please join us for HP's virtual curriculum night on Tuesday, september 28 at 6:00PM
Like last year, teachers will be posting videos on their Schoology page. Teachers will take this opportunity to introduce themselves and outline their class curriculum and expectations for the year. Parents/Guardians will have a few days to login to Schoology and watch their child’s six classes. Details as to when and how you can watch these videos will be sent to parents/guardians through our Black Board messaging system prior to September 28th. Please stay tuned!
On September 28 at 6:oop.m., HP will host a LIVE webinar on Zoom. Principal Steve Coram and Assistant Principal Ambyr Burrell will present information to our families and answer questions. Special Guest David Watson, HP Counselors, Student Support Advocate and Family Engagement Liaison will also participate in the webinar. The Zoom webinar link will be sent to parents/guardians through our Black Board messaging system prior to September 28th.
LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL STUDENTS
The Associated Student Body (ASB) of Harbour Pointe sponsors activities and events for all HP students.
It's time to select HP'S ASB Representatives. ASB applications will be available in Student Services starting on Monday, September 20th. Completed applications are DUE to Student Services by September 30th.
Harbour Pointe’s ASB Representatives play a vital role at Harbour Pointe Middle School including;
- Creating and maintaining a positive school culture.
- Promoting awareness and acceptance of all students.
- Planning and implementing events.
- Making important financial decisions for our school programs, clubs and activities.
General ASB Representative Requirements:
- Displays leadership at all times.
- Consistently shows respect for self, others and staff.
- Promotes a positive school culture.
- Advocates for students in need.
- Maintains a 2.0 GPA.
- Regularly attends ASB meetings and events.
ASB Representative Expectations:
- Attend grade level meetings.
- Plan and implement grade level activities.
- Present information to and work with first hour classes.
- Attend All-School trimester parties, assist with set-up and clean-up.
- Assist with end of the year Field Day booths.
MAKE-UP PICTURE DAY HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 4TH
If your student did NOT have their photo taken at Back to School Business Day for the Yearbook and their student ID card or you want your student to have a retake, please remind your student that they should have their photo taken when they hear the announcement during class on October 4th. There is no cost for yearbook photos and student ID cards. If families would like to purchase a picture packet from Dorian Studio, please click HERE. We also have forms at school if you prefer to pay with check or cash. Questions, please call 425-366-5100.
MEET HP'S STUDENT SUPPORT ADVOCATE
Ms. Lilli Flood is on campus Monday through Friday from 7:30A - 3:30P. Email: Floodlm@mukilteo.wednet.edu
MESSAGE FROM THE MSD: Highly Capable Services
All middle school students now have the option to enroll in honors English Language Arts. Entering Grade 6 and 7 students have the option to enroll in Mathematics Honors class. Parents of students in grades 6, 7, 8 who would like their student screened/tested must submit a Permission to Test form by October 1. This form is available on the District’s website www.mukilteoschools.org by clicking on: Programs, Highly Capable Services, Highly Capable Forms & Documents.
A continuum of Highly Capable services includes:
- Learning Enrichment Achievement Program (LEAP) – Grades K – 12
- Summit Program – Grades 3 – 8
- Honors & Advanced courses – Grades 6 - 8
- Advanced course offerings, College in the High School and Running Start – Grades 9 – 12
You can submit the form by e-mail to the Assessment Department at KellyBD@mukilteo.wednet.edu or by mail to our District Office located at 9401 Sharon Drive, Everett, WA 98204
DEADLINE FOR ONLINE ORDERS: SEPTEMBER 30th
Welcome to the HPMS Spirit Wear online store.
This online store has been developed to greatly simplify the team gear ordering process for you. Our store OPENS on 9/15. To get started, click HERE to go to the website. Our online store will CLOSE on Thursday, September 30 at 11:59PM.
FOR 2021-2022 - ALL MEALS (BREAKFAST & LUNCH) ARE FREE FOR ALL ALL STUDENTS!
All meals (breakfast and lunch) are free for all students! The USDA waiver has been extended for the 2021-2022 school year. Families are encouraged to still apply for the Free or Reduced Meal Program as there are several additional benefits.
WHO IS MY CHILD'S SCHOOL COUNSELOR?
HPMS is pleased to announce that we have three school counselors this year.
QMLATIV: Go to mukilteoschools.org, then scroll down and click on "Family Access" button. This takes you to the Qmlativ log-in screen.
IF YOU HAVEN'T LOGGED IN TO QMLATIV BEFORE: Call your child's school (425-366-5100) and ask them to re-send your Family Access info (make sure they have correct email on file). You will receive an auto-generated, time-sensitive email from district--scroll to bottom of email to get your username and temporary password and follow the directions.
IF YOU FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD: Click on "forgot my password" on Qmlativ sign-in screen and temporary password will be emailed to you.
CLUBS ARE LISTED IN ORDER OF THEIR START DATE
STUDENT FAITH & FELLOWSHIP (SFF) CLUB
Monday, 9/13 - Mr. Aitken is delighted to offer Student Faith & Fellowship (SFF) Club this year at Harbour Pointe. This club will meet on Mondays in N106 from 2:50-3:50P. This club is for any student who wishes to grow in their faith and have a weekly opportunity to have prayer and fellowship with others.
Thursday, 9/16 - Mr. Aitken is delighted to offer Chess Club again this year in N106 on Thursdays from 2:50-3:50P. Chess is a great game for developing problem-solving skills. Regardless of ability level, come along and have a good time with students across all grade levels.
QUEER STRAIGHT ALLIANCE (QSA) CLUB
Thursday, 9/16 - The HP Queer Straight Alliance is a club for everyone who cares about making our school and the world safe for our LGBTQ community. All are welcome. Join us for conversations, snacks, and games every other Thursday in Ms. Pearlman’s classroom N202 from 3:00-4:00P.
Tuesday, 9/21-Close those Chromebooks, unplug from your electronic devices and join Mr. Adkison for Game Club. Hosted every other Tuesday in room N208 from 2:50-3:50, we will play various card and board games like Happy Little Dinosaurs, Yahtzee, Apples to Apples, Jenga, and many more! All grade levels are welcome so head up stairs and come play some classic and new games!
Wednesday, 9/22 - Art club will be place for students to free draw and hang out with other students that enjoy making art in a low pressure environment. Join Miss Graeber in the art room, W102, every Wednesday after school beginning on September 22 from 2:50 - 3:50P.
Wednesday, 9/22 - Come to play some Minecraft with fellow builders. Defeat the Ender Dragon while making some new friends! Past years we have done build battles, PvP, Survival, and Free play! The options are endless. Worlds are hosted on local servers and are only accessed during club time. All players welcome, just bring your school computer and imagination! Every Wednesday from 2:50-3:50P, W202. Join the Minecraft Schoology Group: HCTB-8J4D-HD88S
SOCIAL JUSTICE CLUB
Tuesday, 9/28 - Details coming soon!
BOOK CLUB WITH MRS. TOMMERVIK
Coming in October - We will meet once a month starting in October. Day of the week: TBD. We will meet in the library during lunch. BOOKS! BOOKS! BOOKS!!
MORE CLUBS COMING!