SUMMER READING - CHECK OUT ALL THE RESOURCES!!
Hey Hawks – Do want to know more about the summer reading contest through Sno-Isle Libraries or need some fantastic summer reading recommendations?! Be sure to check-out the Summer Reading section on our Harbour Pointe Library webpage! Happy reading!!
NOT SURE IF YOU STILL HAVE LIBRARY MATERIALS? CHECK YOUR HP LIBRARY ACCOUNT HERE
8th GRADERS REGISTERED FOR 9th GRADE ENGLISH HONORS - SUMMER READING ASSIGNMENTS
INFORMATION FOR KHS SPORTS & MORE
Kamiak Girls Basketball Program
Hello Incoming Freshman and Parents,
We are excited to have you join the Kamiak Girls Basketball Program this upcoming school year. Below is information about our upcoming events and ways to learn more about our programs.
Thanks, Coach May
Kamiak Baseball Team
Hi Players and Parents
Hopefully your summer teams are going great! The Kamiak Baseball Team will be having workouts at Kamiak baseball field from June 14th-July 28th on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3pm-5pm each week (except for July 5th.) These workouts are to supplement your practices and games with your summer teams. If you are interested in attending, you need to fill out the forms attached and bring them to the first workout. If you know of any players that are interested in trying out next year, please pass the information along to them. Thanks
KAMIAK DANCE TEAM
- May 27 - Application packets available in HP Student Services
- June 1 -Candidates should distribute teacher forms
- June 16 - Teacher recommendations due
- June 21 - Registration complete in Final Forms
- June 22 & 24 - Clinics
- June 25 - Tryouts
- June 28 - Parent Zoom meeting
KAMIAK COLOR GUARD
Do you enjoy movement and dance? Would you like to travel and compete with the award winning Kamiak Show band? Do you want to be a part of Kamiak High School’s biggest team?
Then join the Kamiak Color Guard!
All students are welcome to join the color guard this fall. Students do NOT need to be enrolled in band to participate and NO EXPERIENCE is necessary. Interested students should plan on attending our spring camp from June 14th-16th 4:00 – 6:30pm. Come join our incredible show band family!
Any questions? Please contact Mr. Hunninghake at email@example.com
Greetings Future Kamiak Knights!
The Kamiak Athletic Department is currently developing plans for the Spring/Summer Activity period (6/14-7/31) when our Coaches can work with current and incoming student-athletes. Some of our programs are more active than others over the Spring/Summer months. If your student-athletes would like to participate in the Spring/Summer Activity period activities that are offered by our coaching staff, then our clearance process for Spring/Summer is for student-athletes and families to fill out the following permission form and turn it into each coach that you will be participating with. The Spring/Summer clearance form be found on our KA Athletic website.
The following programs have indicated that they will run Spring/Summer activities, so please reach out to the head coaches of these programs if you are interested in participating in practices, camps, open gyms, and/or open conditioning:
The Mukilteo School District is allowing school sponsored/booster club sponsored Spring/Summer Activity period with the following guidance:
• Here is the link to the State DOH school sponsored activities (pages 5-12): COVID19 Sporting Activities Guidance.pdf (wa.gov)
• The district does not support overnight camps/clinics/tournaments for this summer. Ideally, reducing travel would be great as well. We still need to encourage and foster hand sanitizer, wipes, masks, good hand hygiene, etc.
• Daily attestation will not be required for Spring/Summer activity period, but masks are still a requirement for all school/booster club sponsored Spring/Summer activities, especially indoors!
Due to current Covid Safety protocols, we were not able to have our Fall sports coaches present to our incoming freshmen. Attached is the information that we would normally present to HP/OV/EX 8th graders during the Spring.
Here are some highlights:
- Athletic Mission Statement
- Sports Physical Night scheduled for August 16th in our main gym from 6-8 pm
- Information on both Spring/Summer Clearance and also Fall/Winter/Spring Sport Clearance through Final Forms
- ASB Card and Sports Physical requirements
- Athletic Eligibility = Academics/Attendance/Athletic Code
- Fall/Winter/Spring Sport Start Dates
For the most up to date Fall Sport Tryout Information, please continue to monitor the KA Athletics Webpage: https://www.mukilteoschools.org/domain/459
Fall Sport Coaches and Contact Information:
Kamiak is also planning to have open conditioning weight room hours available to all of our students throughout the summer and we will be developing a schedule soon. As soon as we have a schedule we will send it out to all current and future KA students.
Please don’t hesitate to contact one of our coaches and/or the KA Athletic Department if you have questions about the Spring/Summer activity period or Athletic clearance for next year.
Thanks and Go Knights!
Sean Monica, Assistant Principal, Athletic Director – CAA, 425-366-5422