A note from our new Americorp worker and RAMBLER family member: My name is Pam Potter. This is my first year as an AmeriCorps member. It is all new to me, but I am enjoying it! 😊 I was born and raised in Charlevoix, where I currently still live. I have 5 children, 4 daughters and 1 son. I have 8 grandchildren, with 2 more being due this year. I work full time at the Holiday Inn Express Petoskey as the Night Auditor, and part time as the Billing Specialist. I babysit some of my grandkids on a regular basis after school and weekends. So, that is me in a nutshell! Feel free to ask anything else you would like to know. WELCOME Pam!💙❤️
I know some days can be very challenging, but I also know we are an amazing team and we've got this!
💙❤️I celebrate Carissa Kangas for all her amazing work here at BCES and all the hard work she is doing between now and her last day on February 16th! You are appreciated beyond words! We will miss you!! You rock lady! 💙❤️💙❤️
"TEAM - Together- Everyone- Achieves-More" Author Unknown
❤️Thank you Fred Sonnenberg for all you do!! 💙
The Data REVIEW was very successful. I received positive feedback and great ideas. Please remember to turn in your action plan if you have not done so yet! Please remember to continue using the Data Review process that was modeled and provided for you during REVIEW of data with grade level teams & PLNs.
NEW STRATEGY!!!!!! Ruby Payne had quite the impact on all of us as educators. I am noticing some strategies being utilized from the resource book provided for you. It is especially great to see the "All BCES focused Strategy" - Think, Pair & Share! I will be sharing other interesting strategies in each of my "Staff Scoop" (SEE BELOW). Feel free to also share out with staff member other strategies you are using!!
Vocabulary will be a huge focus School Wide next year! It is so important for everyday practice too!! Please see the "Vocabulary Word Map" on page 135
Here's what's going on...
- February 6-----------SST Team 3:30-5
- February 7------------Lisa out of building
- February 8-----------4th Grade Assembly
- February 9------------Release Time- Bible Class 1:25pm
- February 10-----------BCES Dental Day
- February 13-----------PD After School 3:30-5
- February 14-----------Valentines Day
- February 15-----------Paraprofessional Meeting 9am
- February 16-----------Lisa out of building am
- February 17-----------All Day PD
- February 20----------No School
- February 21----------Lisa out of the building
- February 23---------Buddies Not Bullies Assembly 1pm
- February 23---------Parent/Teacher Conferences 4:30pm
- February 24---------Leadership Team Meeting
- February 28---------Parent/Teacher Conference 12:30pm
- March 1----------------Title VII After School Activity Night 3:30
- March 3---------------Rambler Recognition Day 8:40am
Elementary Google Calendar Updates
Please be sure to check your Google Calendat EVERYDAY! This link will be available to you weekly to make it easier to keep up with Google Calendar Updates! Keep up with all life's changes!! Be sure to email Tammy of important Google Calendar updates!
Rambler Scoop and Skinny💙😃❤️
Reminder: I need agendas (might be mini sometimes depending on meeting) with sign in sheets (can be back of agendas) for all Curriculum Days, PLNs and Grade Level Meetings AT THE END OF THE YEAR. This is for basic record keeping and SCECHs👍
Reminder-except for things that need my immediate approval and especially for things that I am collecting from professional learning, there is a file box under the outgoing mail that keeps envelopes that are specifically labeled for different collections (Example: data review action plans).
IMPORTANT!! New procedure for Staff P-Card use!! Please follow the following steps for now on: 1. Fill out form (available in office). 2. Give to Principal for approval and Your card will be filled at that time-the signed form will be placed in your mailbox. 3. Once you have purchased your items, please turn in your receipt(s) attached WITH A PAPERCLIP to previously signed approval form to Tammy Ryder.
Remember when driving in past 7:45 in the morning to please use the drive between the bus garage and the heavy equipment shed/recyclable bin. This makes it safer for all at that time😃
PLEASE REMEMBER to sign out whenever you leave the building during the school day whatever the reason. This is SO important for safety. Sometimes emergencies happen, even when we're hopeful that they will not. Thanks so much! Tammy will show you where the book is in case some of you forgot. Thank you so much😃
PLEASE REMEMBER THIS YUMMY OPTION😃😃😃😃😃Provisions procedure: ( special & soup list will be emailed when available on Friday or Monday Mornings)-1. Please place order on Google DOC. 2. Exact change or check will be accepted and will have to be placed in the special labeled envelope or plastic bag then placed in big Manila envelope on Tammy's desk (payments need to be submitted by 10:30 am on Tuesday. 3. All orders will be shared with Provisions chef by 2:30 pm on Monday prior to Tuesday delivery by 11 am. 🍴🍞🧀🍲🍰
Wow! Our RAMBLER Team Rocks!!
🎈🎈🎈Please include in your newsletters and correspondence the following reminders regarding these procedures to assure safety for our beloved kiddos ...
1. Please remind parents that they are not to park in front of the bus garage prior to 3:05 PM. Prior to that time they must be at least two car lengths away from the garage. Otherwise, drivers cannot get the buses out. Mary and I are also trying to be sure this isn't happening in appreciate your help at this
2. STILL LOTS OF CHARGES- Please remind parents to pay any charges that they have at this point and if possible to please pre-pay for the rest of the year using the online option or placing it in a labeled envelope and the lunch payment wooden box located on the front counter in the office. Filling out free and reduced form is also still an option. Thank you for your assistance with this issue.
3. Please remind your students that Winter is here☃️and that means every day students should be bringing a coat, snow pants, hat and gloves. If you hear that students don't have access to some of these items -please be sure to let myself and/or Mary know and we'll figure out something.
4. I just loaded the blue book box near the front door with books! The blue box located outside of the front door is a great way for students to get different books in their hands for reading on a daily basis. Please remind parents and students that they are welcome to take a book(s) or leave books that they have already read at any time.
5. NoONE should be dropped off prior to 8am as there is no supervision! We have our "All Star program" option as always.
6. Please use the FRONT circle drive for student drop off in the morning. Parents must park in the front lot if walking students into the building and be sure not to block bus garage for parent pick up:)
7. Mana bags are for eating at home- NOT ON THE BUS! Please give tied bags to parents!
8. Bussing is a privilege- RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY, CARING AND SAFETY ARE A MUST ON THE BUS! Please remind students AND PARENTS of bus expectations🚌
👍 CHANGE IN EXITING ASSEMBLIES-REALLY IMPORTANT- Thank you for always supporting assembly expectations and going over them prior to every assembly with your students! Exiting all assemblies will be as follows & please do unless otherwise directed… SECOND OUT FIRST FROM STAIRS- then, 4th & 3rd grades out on left & k&1st grades will exit through the back doors.
Please be sure and check your email prior to each PD meeting for preparedness as last minute things can come up. Your professional courtesy is appreciated!! 👍💙👏❤️😃
PLEASE!!!!!! The office is in desperate need for volunteers for both the lunch room and recess. Please reach out to your personal pool of volunteers and have them contact the office or share their name with Tammy so that way we might reach out to them. Your assistance is appreciated🌈
We are also desperate for substitute teachers, paras and food service subs. Please get the word out there😃👍👏
❤️💙❤️💙A SHOUT OUT:💙❤️💙❤️
TO: Tammy Ryder
💙❤️We celebrate Tammy for being the sunshine that greets our students, our parents and us with a soothing voice and a happy smile. She is the facilitator of function and the glue of BCES unity! You are appreciated EVERY DAY!!❤️💙
Great Learning Opportunities
Please don't forget to keep checking for added learning opportunities at CharEm! 👍😃👏
Rock to our new theme song!!!
- February 6--------------Kathy Notestine
- February 13-------------Jody Johnson
- February 19-------------Fred Sonnenburg
- February 21------------Carrie Stanek
- February 27------------Cari Hunt
- March 3------------------Debbie Bacon
CHECK THIS OUT... This video reminded me of all of you and the way you give so big with your whole hearts...
💙❤️Thank you Rambler Staff for ALL you do!! YOU ROCK!!!!💙❤️