- Participate in installation planning, including site logistics, erection methodology, load sequencing, crane selection and placement, equipment requirements, workforce planning, scheduling, QA plans, and other requirements
- Maintain, forecast and purchase site material, supplies and tool inventory
- Provide site planning and work direction, for the efficient and safe material receiving, offloading, staging, installation, site finishing and deficiency correction
- Ensure that the installation fully complies with the project specifications, erection drawings and tolerances.
- Attend Contractor or lead SCB site meetings and ensure timely completion of required SCB and client reports, such as safety logs, timesheets, daily reports, and installation status updates
- Ensure compliance with SCB, OH&S and Contractor safety requirements
The Preferred Candidate will have:
- Carpentry certification with heavy timber installation experience
- Experience in the erection of multistory buildings
- Thorough understanding of efficient crane placement and utilization
- Excellent resource, planning, and time management skills
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Minimum of 10 years construction related project construction experience and for the superintendent position a minimum of 5 years of site supervision experience.
Travel will be required for this position. Typical project durations are 6 to 15 weeks, working 5 to 6 days per week with travel home every 3 to 4 weeks.
We offer a competitive hourly wage with overtime plus a benefits plan.
Kindly submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org