Mark Your Calendar
Monday, Jan. 30th - Day 1
- Board of Trustees Public Meeting 12:15pm @ 435 Conference Room
- HS Boys' JV Basketball vs. Delaware Valley Friends 3:45pm @ Valley Forge Ed. Center
- MS Girls' Basketball vs. Montgomery School 3:45pm @ 500 Gymnasium
- MS Boys' Basketball vs. Montgomery School 4:45pm @ 500 Gymnasium
- HS Girls' Basketball vs. Barrack Hebrew Academy 5:00pm @ 535 Gymnasium
Tuesday, Jan. 31st - Day 2
- Mobile Dentist @ CCS
- HS Boys' Basketball vs. Perkiomen School 3:45pm @ 535 Gymnasium
- MS Boys' Basketball vs. Renaissance Academy 4:00pm @ Renaissance Academy Charter School
Wednesday, Feb. 1st - Day 3
- MS/HS Music Students Rita's Fundraiser Begins
- MS Girls' Basketball vs. Odyssey Charter (DE) 3:45pm @ 535 Gymnasium
- HS Girls' Basketball vs. Perkiomen School 4:00pm @ The Perkiomen School
- Kindergarten Science Fair 4:00pm - 6:00pm @ 468 Classrooms
- MS Boys' Basketball vs. Odyssey Charter (DE) 4:45pm @ 535 Gymnasium
Thursday, Feb. 2nd - Day 4
Friday, Feb. 3rd - Day 5
- 5th Grade Spice Market Sale (During Lunches) Ends @ 500 1st Floor Foyer
- Kindergarten Science Fair Awards Assembly @ 486 Cafeteria/Gym
- MS Girls' Basketball vs. Shue-Medill MS (DE) 3:15pm @ Shue-Medill MS (DE)
- MS Boys' Basketball vs. Shue-Medill MS (DE) 4:15pm @ Shue-Medill MS (DE)
Saturday, Feb. 4th
- HS Boys' Basketball vs. Devon Prep 12:00pm @ Devon Preparatory School
- HSA Presents: CCS Family Bowling at The Palace 5:30pm - 7:30pm @ The Palace Bowling and Entertainment Center
Building Professional Friendships
Last week during National School Choice Week, our Chief Operating Officer, Beth Jones, had the exciting opportunity to host leaders of Urban Academy of Greater Pittsburgh Charter School.
Urban Academy is currently looking to enhance their programs and offerings within their local community. Shown from left to right, Beth Jones met with Urban Academy's Treasurer for the Board of Directors, Brandon Coney, Urban Academy Board Member, Marita Bradley, and Urban Academy Interim CEO, K. Chase Patterson.
Collegium wishes Urban Academy nothing but upcoming success and hope this is the start of a longstanding professional friendship.
Campus Parking Spaces
When parking on campus, please make sure you follow the posted signs regarding parking and vehicle access for specific reasons.
Parking is prohibited in Fire Lanes to ensure the access of safety equipment to our buildings in the event of an emergency. Fire Lanes are defined as passageways that allow fire apparatuses to pass through, since fire trucks and other apparatuses are so large and related accommodations must be made for them. Fire Lanes also provide clear space for egress during emergency situations.
Reserved Handicapped Parking spaces are mandated by the Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines. The availability of specially reserved parking spaces is regulated by both federal and state laws. Anyone parking in such reserved spaces must have their plate or mirror placard displayed, or else the car can be ticketed for illegal parking.
150 Building Jump Rope for Heart
Jump Rope for Heart (JRFH) is underway! JRFH will be held on February 9th and 10th for 150 Building students.
Envelopes, parent letters, and schedules were distributed to students during the last two weeks. All students will participate and while fundraising is encouraged, it is not mandatory. All “instant gifts" will be distributed after the event when other “thank you gifts" are distributed. If a student does fundraise, an “instant gift" will not be received.
Check out our website (below) for more details and pictures from previous events.
468 Building Jump Rope for Heart
The objective of our annual Jump Rope for Heart (JRFH) event is heart-health education and community service. CCS also earns gift certificates from the American Heart Association for new PE equipment.
Donation envelopes and a parent letter explaining the event were sent home already. If your child did not receive these items, please contact their homeroom teacher. Donations are encouraged, but are not mandatory.
Students in the 468 Building will participate in JRFH on Friday, February 10th! All students will participate in the event regardless of donation status. The students that raise the most money may have an opportunity to “pie” their favorite teacher on the day of the event!
Grades K-6th Character Development Program: Fairness, Responsibility, Respect, Citizenship, Trustworthiness, and Caring.
Here at Collegium, students are recognized by staff for their good character and their names and photos are added to the Good Character Walls. We have new additions to our Good Character Walls:
- Finnegan Chaney
- Tanner Smith
- Allen Spencer
- Dayana Aguilar-Martinez
- Rowena DeTurck
- Angel Jacobs
- Brian Carter
- Michael Collins
HSA Family Bowling Night
Back by popular demand! We had so much fun in October...we planned another Family Bowling Night.
Gather your friends, classmates, and family members and join fellow CCS families Saturday, February 4th from 5:30pm-7:30pm, for a fun night of bowling. Oh, and if we forgot to mention before...there will be a DJ!
Tickets are $12.00 per person (a $22.00 value) and include two-hour unlimited bowling and shoe rental. Food and beverages can be purchased at an additional cost. Tickets are on sale now! Use the link below to make your purchase.
HSA Volunteer Opportunities
Looking for an opportunity to help the HSA? We will begin posting the volunteer opportunities available for specific spring events. Follow our Facebook page to keep up with the latest opportunities!
Uniform Resale Shop —Our Uniform Resale Shop is located in the 500 Building. Hours are M-F 9-3 and 4-6. The Resale Shop offers good used condition uniform pieces at a fraction of the retail price. Stop by and stock up for spring!
If you are interested in helping to sort, organize, and shelve donations please sign-up below.