February was month of Excitement and Fun, we are beginning to create milestones: closed February with “Highest Revenue for month since hotel opening in 2009” & “Highest ADR in past 4 years”, also as we evolve in guest service touch points, we have upgraded our Swimming Pool, Best Brews, our Bar, The Eatery, our restaurant and most importantly our Heart of House areas to next level… all within 28 Days….must mention the busy Engineering & Housekeeping Department. We had one of the highest revenues logged in for “Valentine Day” Pool Side Dinner resulting Better Revenue and Better Execution.
Cost Effective In-house innovation and creativity is what is fueling us to rev up the “Year of Great Change”.. starting with Designing of In-house Sales & Marketing Collateral, Dry Flower Arrangements in guest corridors and public areas, Floor of the month for Housekeeping recognition, Shining Main porch floor, Play Station/Dart Games/Carom/Chess/In-house Poster Frames/Hand Of Happiness Collage for our recreational area, F&B: “New Day New Napkin Fold”…and you know what ….all these ideas are coming from our associates, it’s always heartening to see associates smile with flow of “Idea to Execution”.
We touched our community hearts as well, with generous donation of warm winter clothing to NGO “Goonj”, we ran for “Clean Jaipur” Drive in Jaipur Marathon, and contributed to success of budding next generation by participating in much talked event of City: Manipal University’s Sports SUNBRUN Fest. Our Executive Chef shared culinary innovation with Food Bloggers who wrote what they experienced. Associates remains awestruck in our Valentine Day celebrations, Relishing Pav Keema Bhaji with Live Jalebi at Street Food Festival echoing “Together we always are Better”.
We always believed that Destination always have its mysteries, this month onwards we are going to give you “Uncomplicated Jaipur”, This month onwards look for our last page to know more on Jaipur.
“Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together”
IN A GLANCE
The festival of love was celebrated vivaciously for the whole week. From print to social, we got love from everywhere. The contest conducted that week got us immense love and engagement resulting on our GV social media score that went up. We got more than 200 likes with near about 500 shares and 2000+ engagement on Facebook.
Cherishable moments were weaved by the associates on the occasion of Valentine's day during the special and engaging activities conducted by Team HR.
A real hero is the one who performs flawlessly and is a source of inspiration for everyone, a token of appreciation from GM to Rakesh of Housekeeping for doing a commendable job at the Porch.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
'Each on, teach one' is our prime motto in training hence, from General Manager to Security head, everyone conducted training programs to educate the employees in coordination with HR & Training department
We hosted Bollywood big shots - Maryam Zakaria and Abu Malik
COLLABORATION WITH MANIPAL UNIVERSITY
STREET FOOD FESTIVAL AT CAFETERIA
Associates indulged in some amazing and authentic delights at Caféteria's Street Food Festival conducted by Sales & Marketing and Housekeeping wherein, they experience a heady mix of flavours and textures which was clearly visible in Bombay chat, Keema pav, Bhaji pav etc, all under one roof.
Whether Major or Minor, Guest facing area to Heart of house, beautiful changes were made throughout the hotel
BEST BREWS - Before and After
EATERY - Before and After
Our F&B Manager Mr. Majumdar ensured that the restaurant tables are alive again with beautiful center piece and creative napkin folds.
PUBLIC AREA - Before and After
HEART OF HOUSE
The Honest efforts put by the team in creating the Uncomplicated aesthetics are made for the Comfort of people who hail in the House Of Heart.
Before and After
Nahargarh fort: 6 fascinating facts about Jaipur’s 18th century masterpiece! Nahargarh is one of Jaipur’s architectural wonders. Offering an unmatched view of the pink city, Nahargarh is itself a sight for sore eyes.
1. Although the 700-ft-high Nahargarh fort was mainly built to strengthen the defense of the city, it never came under attack. It did however witness some important historical events like the agreements with the Maratha forces which invaded Jaipur in 18th century.
2. Since there were no invasions either by the armed forces or the Mughals, the field guns at the Nahargarh fort were used to indicate the time by firing time signals.
3. During the Indian Mutiny of 1857, several Europeans were moved to Nahargarh fort by the king of Jaipur, Sawai Ram Singh, for their protection.
4. Some scenes of famous Bollywood flicks like Rang De Basanti and Jodha Akbar have been shot at the Nahargarh fort.
5. The most astonishing part of the Nahargarh fort is the Madhavendra Bhawan which possesses 12 identical suites constructed for the use of royal women. Hallways connect the suites and rooms to each other with gorgeous frescoes in the interior. The Women quarters were set up in a way that the Maharaja could pay a visit to any queen’s room without other queens knowing about it.
6. The fort itself gets its name from Nahar Singh Bhomia. But who was this person after whom an entire fort was named? One version suggests that he was a Rathore prince and the land on which Sawai Jai Singh began building the fort belonged to him. The story goes that his spirit haunted the area and obstructed the construction. Jai Singh, in order to pacify the spirit, ordered a small fortress to be built within the fort to pacify the soul. And he promised to dedicate the fort to Nahar Singh. The spirit of the prince was satisfied and the construction continued without any further hassles. Jai Singh kept his word and named the fort after the deceased prince: Nahargarh