- You’re a pixel perfectionist and obsess over simple, intuitive digital experiences
- You’re plugged into the latest and greatest developments in UX/UI design
- You're passionate about great design, day and night
- You grasp the importance of user-centered design and methodologies
- You think deeply about projects and are able to defend your decisions
- You take pride in your work, but are open to critique and to growth
- You are able to work closely with developers to articulate and develop your vision
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a Product Designer to create resonant, efficient, and friendly products for business teams. The right candidate will be skilled at visual design of a user interface, and the technical chops to create it for our product. If you’re the right fit, you will be able to go from persona modeling to wireframe, then to conceptual models and a finished and polished product.
Ryan Gerhardy and Michael Brook originally created Pitchly for professional service firms to create mass amounts of documents using past experience (aka tombstones). Ryan had been doing similar work, and he recognized the need for a better solution. It was a tedious job that required hours out of his day to complete his work at Grant Thornton. After he relocated to Iowa to be near his wife in 2013, and while he was working full-time at Next Level Ventures, he enlisted the help of Michael Brook who had a proven track record of building a successful data management software called Songtwist. Evening and weekend hours were spent creating what we now know as Pitchly.
Pitchly is an easy to use intuitively designed database that houses records to use in the creation of marketing material. Although, it was created with a specific purpose in mind (to create tombstones), it has since broadened its use case to include a larger customer base. Currently, Pitchly is being used to store MLS records for real estate companies, financial records for accounting firms, client data for local small businesses, and M&A matters for use within a law firm’s tombstone creation.
Taking what we’ve learned these past few years we will be building on our current platform, using Pitchly as the building blocks for a much more diverse and well-rounded product. By 2020 our vision will have expanded. We will be releasing a new brand, new website, more functionality, new look, and a broader target market. This will include adding several new products to increase the value for our current customers. Fulfilling our vision will allow us to fill a large need in the market. We’ll be creating living documents with 100% accuracy at 3x the preparation speed by streaming data directly into content.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU
- Draw on user, business and client needs, requirements, and constraints to create useful, engaging, and marketable products.
- Create journey maps, process flows, wireframes, and other design documentation to effectively conceptualize and communicate design strategies and design language.
- Define and produce visual elements, visual behavioral specifications, and usage guidance.
- Participate in rapid prototyping and usability testing.
- Create developer usable artifacts for a variety of platforms
- Actively collaborate with product development teams to ensure UX presence and impact in the Agile product development process.
- Design for the target users’ experience while leading the overall design of our platform, SaaS library, and public website.
- Present designs internally to stakeholders and developers for feedback.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Up to date with the latest UI and UX skills, techniques, and technologies
- Attention to detail
- Able to work with developers by creating web-ready and mobile-ready artifacts
- Expertise in HTML and CSS, as well as adaptability to new technology
- Able to work in a scrum or agile process
- Ability to maintain own work flow and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and organizational skills.
- Experience in multiple design tools such as Sketch, Balsamiq, InVision
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of proven experience working in a UI design role, as shown by a strong portfolio
- A solid web portfolio
PERKS OF WORKING AT PITCHLY:
- Come work at one of Des Moines’ Best Places to Work
- Competitive salary package based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours, & optional work offsite days
- Stock options
- Unlimited coffee & office snacks
- Entrepreneurial environment with casual dress and lots of fun
- Dog friendly offices located in the East Village
Please send your portfolio as an attachment or a link