WE EMPOWER POTENTIAL
The potential of your organization rests on the strengths of its people. This means as leaders, we need to do all we can to encourage growth throughout our entire organization. I SEE IT, I believe God is going to grow our church by 30-60-100%, this will be a year of Miracles.
This growth comes through feedback, development, and empowerment.
Develop others to go further than they thought possible. Don't just see people as a means to accomplish tasks. See tasks as a means to develop people. Per Craig Groeshel, at Life.Church, we say “People learn best in the game,” and it’s true. The best way to help people grow is to let them “do.”
Four steps of development:
- Watch what I do- have them shadow you for the day, then talk about it.
- Do it with my feedback- let them lead, and then you talk about it.
- Do it on your own- empower your leader to do your role, then talk about it.
- Do something I can't do- identify who God has put in front of you to lead, and repeat the cycle.
Empower others to lead. Delegate authority not just tasks. If you delegate tasks, you will build followers (people who will do what they're told to do). If you delegate authority, you'll build leaders (people who will do what they're called to do.)
If you where to ask Pastor on any given day ''what do you think I should do or how should I approach this?" Pastor believes and lives the Cultural Values daily, he would say "What do you think you should do?" He would listen to your response and say "then do that!" He would be empowering your potential and stretching you, to what God has called you to do.
Here are some practical steps you can take to empower others on your team.
- Identify the things only you can do, and delegate the rest.
- Provide clear vision when delegating, and never give power to those who don’t share your values. Cultural Values- Learn them, Teach them, Defend them.
- Use the people God has brought to you. Be faithful with who's there and He will bring more.
- Encourage safe failure. When a failure happens, help the team member to learn from it.
- Get out of the way.
We just covered a lot of content, but it’s time to focus on your next step as a leader. Make a list of 3-5 things currently on your plate that you can delegate to others. Remember, we don’t just delegate tasks; as leaders, we delegate authority.
If we want our ministries to grow, we must empower others to lead.