Short-Term, Faculty-Led Programs in BELIZE & NICARAGUA
Spring Quarter UCOR 3600-level course (5 credits) in which you'll learn about the history, culture, economy, and health and social service infrastructure of the destination country. It's also a great opportunity to get to know your faculty leaders and fellow travelers!
- Approximately 23 days in Granada with excursions to Ometepe and San Juan del Sur.
- Work at a center that serves children and youth living with disabilities, and their families.
- Some Spanish skills preferred.
- Approximately 16 days in Belize, based in Belize City with excursions to Xunantunich, Tikal (Guatemala), and Caye Caulker.
- Work with governmental and non-governmental organizations serving women, the elderly, children, and Belizean health professionals.
- English is spoken in Belize.
Graduate Students may incorporate global immersions and partnerships into their Scholarly Project or (for Advanced Public Health Nursing students only) into their Public Health Nursing Clinical. Proposals are due to the Global Nursing Committee 3-6 months before proposed travel dates. Apply early!
Program fee for Belize and Nicaragua immersions: ~$2,200 to $2,400, depending on enrollment. Student is responsible for airfare.
- Program and overall minimum GPA of 3.0 required.
- Good academic and conduct standing required.
- Students must have completed NURS 3405 prior to immersion period.
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative, adaptability, and independence.
- Two letters of recommendation required.
Application deadline for Summer 2018 Belize and Nicaragua immersions is 12/15/17.