weekly school News
1. Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation: Residency Information Form
You are receiving this correspondence because you have one or more students in the Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation. The school corporation is required to send out the residency form to each family twice a year. The information received from this form will be kept confidential and will be used by the corporation's McKinney-Vento liaison to assist with outreach to families. We appreciate your time in completing this form and returning it to the school. The link for the form is below.
2. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned in earlier newsletters, two summers ago we had a large group of staff members meet on several occasions to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This evening, you will have the opportunity to review and sign your child's "Character Card." This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A few positive comments already submitted:
"Mrs. Herron, thank you for all of your kindness and attention to my son. Thank you for giving him an education he is enjoying!"
"Mr. Cooper is a good teacher and awesome. He always helps me with things. I always recommend his class. Good job Mr. Cooper. Great teaching!"
3. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Keegan B., Madison C., Austyn J., Audrey H., Hudson D., Austin M., and Chaille Frye
4. The MIS Archaeology Club would like everyone to know that September is Indiana Archaeology Month! Join archaeologists on archaeological digs, try your hand at experimental archaeology, or listen to archaeologists discuss their work. A calendar of family friendly activities is found below.
5. Book Fair Volunteers Needed: Mrs. Elsbury is still looking for volunteers to help during the fall Book Fair (September 9th-13th). If you are interested or have further questions regarding volunteering, please contact Mrs. Elsbury at 317-326-3121 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember that you must have a background check on file to help. All money raised during this event goes directly back to our library to support our students.
Family Night at the Book Fair: Tuesday, September 10th - 6:00-8:00pm
6. Family Literacy Night (Click for more information): Tuesday, September 10th - 6:30-7:30pm
7. Immunization Reminder: September 20th has been set as our corporation exclusion date for students without required immunizations. If your child is not appropriately vaccinated, they will not be permitted to attend school until updated shot records are provided. Please see the medical tab in the annual forms/information section below for specific details.
8. School Dismissal Manager (CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS):
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are fully using SDM at this time. Any change you need to make to your child's after school transportation should be done through this prior to 1:00pm. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
KEEPING UP WITH THE LATEST AT MIS