Everybody has to take them. Doesn't matter what major you are, what year you are, or what class you are taking. Everybody takes tests.
So if tests are inevitable, why not learn how to best deal with them?
There are many different approaches to studying for test, but in my own opinion, the 5 day study plan works best.
The 5 day study plan
How it works
The five day study plan is designed to help students progress in their preparedness for the test each day leading up to it. The plan involves learning new material every day and then reviewing it at the end of the session.
The 5 day study plan for a sample test looks something like this:
- Day 1: read chapter 1, create 2 hours of study material on chapter 1
- Day 2: read chapter 2, create 2 hours of study material on chapter 2, then review chapter 1 for 30 minutes
- Day 3: read chapter 3, create 2 hours of study material on chapter 3, then review chapter 1 for 10 minutes and chapter 2 for 30 minutes
- Day 4: read chapter 4, create 2 hours of study material on chapter 4, then review chapter 1 for 10 minutes, chapter 2 for 10 minutes, and chapter 3 for 30 minutes.
- Day 5; read each chapter overview, review chapter 1 for 15 minutes, review chapter 2 for 15 minutes, review chapter 3 for 15 minutes and review chapter 4 for 45 minutes