February has arrived-- and with it comes the month of love! We are excited to kick off our 7 Mindset of the Month for February: Attitude of Gratitude. Research shows that even in tough times and challenges, having an attitude of gratitude helps us feel better about our life and our situation. This month at BCMS, we will be promoting the attitude of gratitude by offering many incentives related to our PBIS as well as catching kindness all over our schoolhouse. We will also be selling Candy Grams to support our PBIS work the week of 2.10 and they will be delivered on 2.14. If you are interested in buying one for your child, the cost is $1.00 and you can write a special message to them. We are also excited this week for our scholars to head to Washington DC on our annual spring trip! Regardless of the weather-- the memories will be ELITE! Also, remember, there is no school on 2.17-- it is a teacher work day! Thank you for all your support our BCMS! We are looking forward to an awesome month of February!
We are proud to be named a 2018•19 Reward School by the Georgia Department of Education for outstanding growth and progress!
Kaleb surprised me with using the WORD OF THE DAY in context! Made my day!
All spring sports schedules will be posted on Facebook and our webpage this week.
Bryan County Schools District Teacher of the Year! 🎉
What is your #OneWord for 2020? At #BeBCMS, the last several years, scholars and staff have participated in the #OneWord project. It is a great way to build habits and create a focus for the goals you have for the new year (and decade!) ahead! Check out more about the #OneWord project below and find the book by Jon Gordon on Amazon!
Creating DNA in 7th grade Science
6th grade scholars presenting their work in Mr. Collins’ class.
BCMS is once again collecting Box Tops! Check out the Box Top Link for the new ways to submit box tops! This year, we will still submit the transition cut box tops- but you can get the app for your phone and scan them in! Check out the information here!
#BeBCMS socks coming soon! Which pair is your favorite?
Our start time this year is 8:35. Our end time is 3:35. Breakfast will begin at 8:10. Homeroom begins at 8:35 and is for attendance purposes. If you have questions regarding car drop off or bus transportation, please call our front office! We encourage families to grab a book off our of Free Little Libraries when you are on campus and as always, if there is a book your child wants, please have them email me!
6th grade social studies debating about the government of Canada!
•Welcome Back Scholars• 🎉
• 2019/20 #BeBCMS Administrtion Team •
Mrs. Raeburn as Principal, Mr. Scott as our Assistant Principal and BCHS Head Football Coach and Mrs. Ennis, Assistant Principal and Director of Athletics. We love serving our school and community. ❤️🎉🤓
#BeYouBeHereBelong #ALLin #BeBCMS
Bryan County Middle School Teacher of the Year 2020-2021
8th grade scholars coming to tell me the impact KOBE has had on them!
Upcoming events and notes:
- 2/3 --> #CelebrateMonday--> Mindset Monday! Attitude of Gratitude, Spring sports practices: all week
- 2/4 --> #TurnUpTuesday -->
- 2/5 --> #WinWednesday --> Block Schedule Day!, Washington DC Trip
- 2/6 --> #ThankfulThursday --> Block Schedule Day!, Washington DC Trip
- 2/7 ->#FocusFriday- CLUB day!, Washington DC Trip
- Reminder: If you need to check out your child for an appointment, the cut off time is 3:00 PM. Please be respectful of this procedure.
- Reminder: If you need to talk to your child, please call the front office and try not to text your child during the middle of the learning day.
- Yearbooks are on sale! $40.00. You can use My Payments Plus to pay! Go to Parent Information/My Payments Plus on our web page.
- Grade Levels send out a "Peek of the Week" each week. These Peeks can be found on our website and on our Facebook page. You can also check them out on Twitter.
- Candy Grams will be on sale beginning 2/10 for $1.00. See Ms. Shelby in the front office to purchase one for your child.
- Ms. Raeburn’s cell: 912-255-0630
- Ms. Raeburn’s email: email@example.com
- UPCOMING: Kona Ice 2/14
- UPCOMING: No School 2/17: Teacher Work Day
- UPCOMING: 8th grade registration process begins-- 3/2 in 8th grade Social Studies classes.
- UPCOMING: Spring MAP: Begins 3/4
- UPCOMING: Parent University for Rising 9th graders at BCHS: 3/5 Time TBD
- UPCOMING: No School 3/16 and 3/17
- UPCOMING: Spring Break 4/6-4/10
Thank you for your support of Bryan County Middle. I am proud to serve as the Principal of the best middle school in Georgia!
We want YOU to have it all! 🤓🌟💯🤩😎💔