This coming week teachers will communicate an instructional plan and a schedule of his or her office hours to you. Please be patient with them as we work to get better at providing access to learning opportunities for students and families. Your teachers will be available during office hours and on email and messaging apps that they already use to deliver information and content.
Monday (3/30/20) will be a waiver day for students, so there will be no lessons or learning opportunities sent to families. Beginning on Tuesday, March 31 through Friday, April 3, teachers will push out learning opportunities to families each day and be available for identified office hours.
Beginning the week of April 6, new learning opportunities will be made available for students and families on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. No new content/opportunities will be pushed out on Wednesdays, but teachers will maintain office hours that will be communicated to you by your teacher.
Food Service: Meal Kits
For the time being, this service will continue on Mondays. Please see the flier below for more information on this opportunity for GC families.
Tech Support Clinic
The Tech department will have a "drive through clinic" at GCHS for parents who need chargers, device swaps etc., or for devices that may have become broken or non functional over break.
They will host the clinic at the main Greenfield-Central High School entrance on Monday from 1-3pm. Please follow the instructions when you arrive.
Information about how these will be rescheduled will be made available at a later time. Thanks for your patience with us.
- PTO Fundraiser Distribution
- Kindergarten Round Up
- Onsite learning until May 1, 2020
- Standardized testing: IREAD, ILEARN and IAM (local assessments such as NWEA and weekly tests will be decided later)
- Any onsite events or field trips at Harris until the building reopens
- Spring Book Fair at Harris
- YMCA after school care programs until the building reopens
- PTO Spring Carnival
If you need assistance or have a concern, please contact your child's teacher, our school counselor or the principal. Phone calls to Harris are not currently being answered. Please use the link below for staff email addresses or utilize your teacher's messaging system.
School Counselor Connection
The days ahead can be improved by setting a schedule and consistent routine. Work together and plan some fun days ahead.
- Work together to determine a schedule that fits your family's needs.
- Have clear instructions and expectations.
- Assign your child tasks that they are capable of doing.
- Write down routines. Make a sequence of tasks. Post it where it is easily visible. Pictures may help.
- Set realistic time expectations.
- Be patient. It takes time to create healthy habits.
- Praise effort (not just results).
- Build in free/down time as part of the routines.
- Don't give up and have fun!
Stay Connected with Harris
Quarter 3 Report Cards
There has been a slight adjustment to the Q3 Report Cards Reporting Schedule. These will now be posted to the Parent Portal on Monday, April 6, 2020.