The Culture City of East Asia 2019 Toshima Opening Ceremony was held on February 1, 2019 in Toshima ward, Tokyo, Japan. Delegations from TCS led by Deputy Secretary-General YAMAMOTO Yasushi attended the ceremony.
The Opening Ceremony marked the beginning of the Culture City of East Asia 2019 Initiative between Incheon Metropolitan City of the ROK, Toshima ward, Tokyo of Japan, and Xi’an City of China.
The participants of the Ceremony included:
- Mr. TAKANO Yukio (Mayor of Toshima City, Culture City of East Asia 2019 Toshima Executive Committee)
- Mr. PARK Jun-ha (Vice Mayor of Incheon Metropolitan City)
- Mr. XU Mingfei (Vice Mayor of Xi’an City)
- Ms. KOIKE Yuriko (Governor of Tokyo)
- Ms. UKISHIMA Tomoko (State Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology)
- Mr. MIYATA Ryohei (Commissioner for Cultural Affairs)
- Mr. Tavip Agus Rayanto (Head of Special Region of Yogyakarta Secretariat, ASEAN Culture City 2018-2020)
Performances by the three cities demonstrated the rich and lively culture of East Asia. From the ROK, the Incheon Metropolitan City Dance Theatre dance team performed dances using fans and drums. From Toshima, “Anichestra” (Anime Song + Kanagawa Philharmonic Orchestra) and Ichiro Mizuki, the ”King of Anime Songs” performed a series of anime songs from the Mazinger Z series, etc., and Xi’an presented traditional recitation for Tang Poetry and bamboo flute.
”I am the Future” choir performance by elementary school children, singing in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages
Mr. TAKANO Yukio, Mayor of Toshima ward, Tokyo, Japan
Mr. PARK Jun-ha, Vice Mayor of Incheon Metropolitan City, ROK
Mr. XU Mingfei, Vice Mayor of Xi’an City, China