Diana O'Connor Rangel YW School librarian has been working with Dr. LaiYee Leong, in the Center for Presidential History at SMU to provide internships for high school students. During these semester-long internships, students work with SMU professors in political science and the CPH to assist them with their research projects. The students were able to take a deep dive into the world of academic research, assisting with the location of critical and often obscure resources, and then created a presentation about what they discovered. They also worked with the SMU academic librarians, receiving a preview of how to do research using a college library. AASL Standards: Inquire.Grow and Engage.Create
Tabatha Sustaita-Robb, Instructional Specialist, met the criteria to become an e2L Certified eGrowe Coach! We appreciate her dedication to the process of collecting evidence for final review. AASL Standards: Curate.Think and Collaborate.Create
Deneice Hullett Ireland Librarian, Michelle Touchet Harllee ECC Librarian, and Dr. Rosenid Badia Instructional Specialist will be Apple Coaches which will lead the Project R.E.A.D. Leads next school year! AASL Standards: Engage.Grow and Collaborate.Share
So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye. I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye - to some of our wonderful teacher-librarians! We wish them health, good fortune, and joy as they transition into a new chapter in their life.
Donna Anderson - Withers Elementary
Leisa Booker - Johnson Elementary
Nancy Cheyne - Kahn Elementary
Jennifer House - Stevens Park Elementary
Kelli Pate - Sidney Lanier Vanguard
Beth Lehman - Soto Elementary
Gail Perry - T. Jefferson High School
Gail Shipley - Richardson Elementary
Pamela Taylor - Kennedy-Curry Middle School
Susan Vlach - “Joe” May Elementary
Caroline Weatherly - Sanger Preparatory School
Lin Zengh - Preston Hollow Elementary
- End of Year PLC: June 2nd @ 3:30 and June 3rd @ 11:30
- Take LMS Newsletter survey
- Contact Tabatha by June 15th if you are interested in writing Elem lesson plans over the summer
- Sync summer audiobooks for Teens April 29th - August 4th
- SORA Sweet Reads May 5th - August 20th
- SMART Summer with Mayor Johnson June 5th - August 14th
- PD Dates: June 22nd - 24th and June 28th - July 1st. Click for session offerings.
- NewsLitCamp with the Wall St. Journal virtual June 3rd, 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- NTXLibcamp 2021 June 15th, 8:30 - 4:00
- Freedmen’s Bureau Experience virtual June 26th, 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Two different sessions, must register for both. Sponsored by the Dallas Public Library.
- SLJ Teen Live! free virtual event August 5th, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
R.E.A.D. Live is a virtual story time hosted by Library Media Services for Dallas ISD students in grades PK-2 and 3-5 to promote reading for pleasure. More information forthcoming.
- PK - 2: 1 0:30 English & 11:00 Spanish July 13th, 20th, and 27th
- Grades 3 - 5: 10:30 July 14th, 21st, and 28th
- More information forthcoming
Created with images by MustangJoe - "beach sea ocean" • Michael_Luenen - "book read literature" • Unknown - * Kay Truelove photo * Julie Sibley photo - "Thank You" * Unknown licensed under CC BY-NC-ND - Twitter Photo Collage * @MichelleTouch5, @LibEddie, @WolfpackIreland, and @LibraryLipscomb - "Good Bye Yellow Note · Free image on Pixabay" • bohed - "smartphone to do list to do" • webandi - "sunglasses glasses sun" - "Father Reading" * Unknown licensed under CC BY-NC-ND