This week our Baker Family partnered with a nationwide homemade meal delivery organization called Lasagna Love. They are a grassroots organization that aims to fight food insecurity by connecting those in need with neighbors who can provide homemade lasagnas. Sign up and participation is private and easy. Lasagna love seeks to eliminate stigmas associated with asking for help during a time when it is needed most. This was a fun way to provide service to the community while connecting with our Baker Family!
8th Grade Celebration Parade
Our 8th grade celebration is quickly approching and we need your help! Please take a moment to click on the link above and review the available slots where volunteers are needed. If you or a family member are free on June 14, 2021 between 2:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. we would love for you to help us.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to Rose Deliu at firstname.lastname@example.org
8th Grade Parade Shout-Outs
Promotion Shout outs will be announced over a loud speaker by the 8th Grade Parade DJ as students enter the parent loop. Please click on the above link and follow the directions below to request and purchase a shout out for your student.
- Download the form, type what you would like read off during the 8th grade parade with payment sent via cash to the Baker Middle School office or sent PayPal to @rosedeliu.
- The form and payment must be received and approved June 3, 2021 at 3 pm.
- “Shout outs” cannot exceed 25 words. Please be advised that all “Shout Outs” submitted will be subject to editorial approval.
End of the Year Important Dates
Materials Return: Thurs. 6/10
- The Baker materials return day is scheduled for Thursday, June 10th from 2 - 3:30 pm in the gym. Virtual and in-seat students will be able to drop off their books, instruments, and other loaned materials from the school year. More information will be available as we get closer to this event.
8th Grade Celebration Parade: Mon. 6/14
- The 8th grade celebration parade is scheduled for Monday, June 14th from 4:30 - 6 pm. Virtual and in-seat 8th grade students and their families are invited to attend.
- If it rains on June 14th, we will move the celebration parade to Tuesday, June 15th.
- The planning for the promotion/parade is underway! You can find all updated information on the planning committee's Facebook page using the link above. They are asking each parent to donate $5-$20 for the celebration.
Virtual 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony: Mon. 6/14
- The 8th grade virtual promotion ceremony is scheduled for Monday, June 14th. It will be pre-recorded and premiered on multiple platforms at 7:30 pm. More information will be available as we get closer to the event.
Last Week of School
- Monday, June 14th - 1/2 Day: In-Seat (A Day)
- Tuesday, June 15th - 1/2 Day: In-Seat (B Day)
- Wednesday, June 16th - (The last day of school) 1/2 Day: In-Seat (C Day)
Adventure Island: August 16th - 19th
- We are planning to run Adventure Island on the dates of August 16-19, 2021 for all 6th and any 7th graders who are interested. More information will be available as we get closer to the end of the school year.
- This year the program will be offered for FREE!
- The program runs from 9-12 am each day Monday – Thursday.
This Week at Baker
Last Call for Yearbook Orders
Don’t miss out. Order yours today to ensure you recieve a copy!
This is a last call to order a yearbook and guarantee a copy. This has definitely been a year like no other. What better way to mark the end to this school year, then by having a yearbook that documents this crazy year.
The yearbook will not only will be a way for you to enjoy the memories of the school year now, but it will also serve as a reference book to look back on, as you remember the school year that Zoomed by, while living in a pandemic. To order, click on the link above.
Sound Power Camp
Sound Power! 2021 is open for registration. Our annual band and orchestra camp is for all current 5th, 6th, and 7th graders in band and orchestra and will be at Baker Middle School August 2-6. Come and perform with your friends and musicians from all four Troy Middle Schools. See Dr. Xydas for more information.